Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Girl Here!! could use help!!

http://www.mumble.com/

This is mumble, its like Vent! We are gonna try to see what we can do but this a idea

Comment

http://www.mumble.com/

This is mumble, its like Vent! We are gonna try to see what we can do but this a idea

Comment

This sounds like more of a segregation of casuals from the rest of the clan, then trying to include us more INTO the clan. The original post was for a woman, who wants to join PMS, but doesn't play one the division games, but still wants to fly the colors. How will a mumble vent help ppl like her out?

Comment

Well the way it works now is that people recruit into a division and are basically tested to see if they are going to put the time into the clan and such. The only way we could answer the original post's question would be to either add a whole new division that she could fit into or create a general one. I dunno how stuff like that works here but if we can't do either of them then there is nothing we can do. She just has to try out a few games *cough* starcraft *cough* *cough* but there really is nothing else to it! Mumble only came into the picture because it gives other players who have already recruited a chance to play different games
          Last edited by PMS Tami; 04-10-2014, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O LordOverkill View Post
            This sounds like more of a segregation of casuals from the rest of the clan, then trying to include us more INTO the clan. The original post was for a woman, who wants to join PMS, but doesn't play one the division games, but still wants to fly the colors. How will a mumble vent help ppl like her out?

Omg! Not trying to segregate anyone at all!

Basically, how I see the original post is she doesn't like the games we currently offer, so for now she has to join a division or look into operations like Hugs mentioned! That is just how it is, we can't change that. You had to join a division & do recruitment & play to get your rights did you not? I mean you are blue

So what we were suggesting was a mumble for our casual members/new comers to have channels for all sorts of games that you can suggest through us, that way you are still a very active part of the community, but not forced or feel forced to join a division you don't want to. We already have public Vent rooms that no one uses...do you just want me to get the name changed to PMS|H2O Casuals Lounge or something? I mean, I'm here to help - but if that's all it takes, let's do it. I was just merely offering a whole mumble to the casual members & new members, but if you just want a Vent room, that can happen. The problem is in order to "fly our colors" you have to join a division, there is just no way around that & we have thought of way after way of ways to create a casual division, but there just isn't enough structure to assure that it will run like every other division. (Basically, if we just make a "casual" division, everyone would join it & we would no longer have game specific divsions - & frankly, that's not fair to the divisions now.)

Hope this cleared some things up, get back to me on that Vent room

Comment

Originally posted by H2O LordOverkill View Post
              I don't really see it as "segregation" more like an alternative. Ventrilo is the office, mumble is the beach house.

The way ventrilo is set up, there is only room for active division and trials. Anyone who has ever had a room removed by a member of the server team who deemed it non-important will know this. (I've had a few rooms removed that I wasn't too happy about, but accept that its important to keep the ventrilo as lightweight as possible, especially when you are talking about 100+ members logging on at once).

What we are offering is a way to help everyone, not just casuals, connect and find game-buddies to play with on a clan affiliated voip.

Here is what the mumle looks like right now.

As you can see it has multiple games on there, and we can add whichever games you guys want to play together.

It can be used as a place for casuals and division members a like to get together and play games there are currently no divisions for. It's better than one channel with 30+ people in it playing 10 different games.

It can be a great way to have the community you wanted by suggesting a casual division, by simply getting on and playing with people on a regular basis... forming groups and hey, who knows, maybe you might find enough interest to turn it into a member division and get moved over to ventrilo.

You're seeing this as a "let's toss casuals in the corner" kind of thing when in reality it's the opposite.

We have this server. It is not being used. Let's put it to a good use by having a place people can go to find game-buddies, whether they be casual or not.

It's all your decisions, but like Piranha said, we can probably see if we can change one of the general channels to a casual lounge if you would prefer that.

Comment

I see where you coming from Doc. Your Vent=Business and Mumble=Pleasure, makes sense. So.....let's say we can add a DAYZ, RUST, TF2, and others games that ppl are playing right now, but are not for the "business" side of things....when you put it that way. Rock and roll with the Mumble. Can we get more info the mumble, such as address and such?

Comment

Well we have to confirm that it's what everyone wants before we do all that.

Comment

So what's the verdict? Is this something everyone here would like to see happen?

Comment

Can everyone give us an idea of what to do?

Mumble? Or Vent Room?

You decide!

Comment

I kind of think a whole new chat system would make casual members feel more distanced from the clan then they already do. However, that's just my opinion.

Comment

I vote 'yay' for a PMS|H2O Mumble.. might actually get me more active in the community. xD

Comment

Originally posted by H2O R3LYK_ View Post
                            I vote 'yay' for a PMS|H2O Mumble.. might actually get me more active in the community. xD
                            That's what we are hoping for :} Give everyone, including casuals, a place to hang out if they wanna play games we don't have divisions for.

Comment

Like Hugs, I too am really confused why people cannot use the public channels in the clan ventrillo. The ventrillo has much more traffic than the mumble (I would imagine at least), and all you have to do is pop in your comment what you're playing. If there aren't enough public channels, I'm fairly confident that's easily fixed.
                              tomorrow (noun) - a mystical land where 99% of all human
                              productivity, motivation, and achievement is stored.

Stream | YouTube | Thanks for signature Chaser!

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Yogurt View Post
                                Like Hugs, I too am really confused why people cannot use the public channels in the clan ventrillo. The ventrillo has much more traffic than the mumble (I would imagine at least), and all you have to do is pop in your comment what you're playing. If there aren't enough public channels, I'm fairly confident that's easily fixed.
                                Tbh, I just prefer Mumble over Vent. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X