Clan layout and background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clan layout and background

I really feel like we need some serious change with the website. It's become so outdated and boring that no one really uses the forums. I know it would take a lot of work, but the physical look of the website hasn't changed much at all since I first came here in 2008.

For one, the three witches(?) are kind of weird. Gaming witches? What? Plus, guys use this website too, and I think that should be incorporated to show that "yeah, we're women who game, and yes, we have guys who stand by and support us". I think if we all brain stormed, created something new, and voted, we could come up with something new and modern that everyone would like.

Second, the motto. Play like a girl? We are girls, of course we play like girls.

And then play with girls? I REALLY feel like that's sending out the wrong message that guys are only here to hang out with girls. I feel like it should be more along the lines of "supporting the female gaming community!" or something more catchy, but supportive.

I don't know how we could go about changing all of this, but i know I'm definitely not the only one who feels this way. And with the lack of members actually using the site, I feel like giving the site a major update would bring us a long way.

Whatever I can do to help in this matter, I'll do it. I want the website to be successful.

Re: Clan layout and background

I agree I feel it is very tired and old looking. I never did understand the witches and thought they were maybe hidden/cloaked up females that represented the 3 gaming platforms....Hey we could expand on that and ditch the witch-like chicks but go with designing something around our platforms (xbox, PS3 and PC).
    The motto 'Play like a girl and Play with girls' has lost it's flare/fad.

Facelift or Make over time I love it!!

Brainstorming....
    Censored

Comment

I actually just thought about that today as I was going through the website and most of the stuff is when I entered and nothing has changed. Many years ago lol

Comment

A change would be nice. I think the motto is the most important thing to be changed, for the reason that Foxeh stated.

Comment

Mmmmm, agreed Foxeh

Should this even be an idea that will be considered, there'd be a lot of work involved, like you said. Didn't know the graphic has been there since 2008 -___- But you're right.. it would be a bit of work. Perhaps a contest would be fun!

I know there are some talented folks here - yet as with every position, this might all be voluntary. Don't think the powers that be would want to outsource for a complete overhaul. But yes.. I think that aesthetically the site could use a a nice revamp.

Just my two cents :mvcelebration:

♥ ♥

Comment

The site was like this since 2006 when it was last changed =P but a change would definitely be cool ^_^

Much <3: Big Sis Lethal Vixen PMS. Fave Troll ElektraFox PMS
            My Awesomeous H2O **H2O Villain**

Comment

It needs more cowbell O_O

A change would be nice, to see new images and new styles used

Comment

I agree. I am also not a fan of the blue and pink, never have been. Reminds me of a baby shower

I'd be up for a contest. I'd love to see a new logo too, the male/female thing is blah, it'd be great to have something cooler

I'd love to help out. After this week Neo will finally be done with school and I'll have time to do fun stuff again

•••PMS|H2O BATTLEFIELD 360 DIVISION LEADER•••

★ WOLFPACK WOLFPACK OOO-HA-HA ★

Comment

Oooohhh a change, challenge, and a contest of artist skillz? What more could you ask for? I'm already brainstorming. I think this is a great idea, If we stay old and out dated then we become old and outdated and I for one refuse to do that. Count me in.
                  sigpic

Shoutout to my H2O Tyrant Sparta:mvpmsh2o:
                  PMSChaosPhoenix ||Zombie PMS ||
                  PMS Panicmoon||PMS Artifex || Beddi Skeddi|| H2O Jesterhead ||
                  H2O Grif||H2O Timberwolf

Comment

Personally I have no problem with the designs of the website in terms of logos and images; to me they look fine how they are. What really surprised me is the outdated versions of the site in terms of forum software. It's years and years outdated and thus limits functionality for moderators and admins.

I think an update would also give one a chance to re-organise forums and simply because I find things often convoluted. What really bothers me is the "New Posts" feature in the older forum software is bugged and you end up missing threads that never appear on it. This has happened several times for me, and as a result I often miss important postings as I don't have the time or energy to go through every forum to see what's unread or updated.

Furthermore I've been a vocal supporter of mobile versions or the installable feature for Tapatalk (which is a fantastic mobile software suite that allows viewing and posting via mobile phone). As I'm more of a "low-fi" simplified admirer of layouts, non-graphical simple layouts are always best for me. Newer versions of the forum software allow for such default versions, and much more versatility in usability.
                    sigpic
                    I'm all about love, rainbows, unicorns, and sometimes pandabears.

Comment

We are looking into doing another website redesign, but unfortunately this is a very long and costly road for us to go down. As you can imagine, there are many obstacles that we are trying to barrel through. At this time, we ask that you continue to be patient, and be as hopeful and look forward to these as much as we do.

:mvpmsh2o:
                      CeeCee PMS
                      PMS Clan Leader Emeritus
                      Last edited by CeeCee PMS; 08-01-2013, 03:42 PM.
                      Twitter! @CeeCeePMS

Comment

I don't know. I too feel it needs a change. Maybe some brighter colors for the bg or something. However, I've come to admire the 3 witches over the years.

Comment

While I do think that the 'New Posts' function does require a bit of overhauling, the style of the forum, as well as the mascots on the top right, is still completely functional and relevant.
                          Whitewalleries! | Noodles forever!

Comment

CeeCee! Is there anything we can all do to help? What about a donation fund to help with the costs of changing the website?

Comment

I'm not sure why we need a costly overhaul when we have so many talented artists here that are willing to help for free. I'm sure major changes to function would need more expertise, but other than that...the changes Foxeh mentioned are just graphics and marketing slogans. I think a contest would be a great way for the clan to get members involved and get a "free makeover". Just my 2 cents

•••PMS|H2O BATTLEFIELD 360 DIVISION LEADER•••

★ WOLFPACK WOLFPACK OOO-HA-HA ★

Comment

Working...
                              X