Autoplay YouTube on Forum Profiles is Annoying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autoplay YouTube on Forum Profiles is Annoying

People don't share the same taste in music / videos and I find myself pausing almost everyone's YouTube autoplay on profiles.

It would be nice if there was either: (1) an option that allowed you to override the autoplay option (similar to overriding customized user profiles, see picture below) or (2) the disable custom user content also disabled autoplay youtube videos.

[/NOOBLET]

Re: Autoplay YouTube on Forum Profiles is Annoying

I agree! I eventually took off my own video because I got sick of hearing it every time I logged onto to my page!

Big: Mindy Lil: baybay_ Sig: Chaser

Comment

There is a option under your profile settings to turn this off and on on your profile. ( it only works for your profile tho )
      Laptop

Steam: hackerrevolution | Battle.net CyberNet#1372

Comment

I found some awesome songs that I've never heard before by visiting some peoples profiles. If i don't like it i just mute it.

Comment

It would be nice to have that feature implemented.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Super-6-1 View Post
            There is a option under your profile settings to turn this off and on on your profile. ( it only works for your profile tho )
            I'm aware that option is available for if you own a profile, but I want my personal preferences to override someone elses profile customizations - including autoplay YouTube.

Originally posted by H2O X Trigger I View Post
            I found some awesome songs that I've never heard before by visiting some peoples profiles. If i don't like it i just mute it.
            Which is why it would be an option...Just like how you're able to override someone's profile customizations (which I do because it's sometimes hard on my eyes or there's just too much stuff going on or I get distracted by all the pretty colors).

Autoplay youtube is frustrating if you post on a lot of other people's pages (youtube vids restart over if you post something as the page refreshes). It is also especially annoying if you're multitasking like watching a TV show or listening to your own music or have something other program outputting audio on your computer at the same time.
            [/NOOBLET]

Comment

Yeah i can see how it can be annoying, no harm in having an option.

Comment

i honestly have nothing wrong with it. most of the time i like the music, and if not i can just scroll down a couple times and click pause. no harm done. however having an option doesnt hurt anyone so why not have it.

Originally posted by Righty is LAW View Post
                Autoplay youtube is frustrating if you post on a lot of other people's pages (youtube vids restart over if you post something as the page refreshes). It is also especially annoying if you're multitasking like watching a TV show or listening to your own music or have something other program outputting audio on your computer at the same time.
                as far as that goes, instead of looking at the convo you're having with the person on their page, click view conversation in the text box area and just hit refresh from there.

Comment

Having the option would be pretty cool. I'm not going to lie, sometimes I get on someones profile and I have to throw my headset off due to the shock of what I am hearing.
                  I'll miss you all

Comment

Bumping this thread because this really needs to be implemented.

Comment

I find myself pausing the videos a lot too but there are several songs that I heard on members profiles that I am now in love with! I never would have heard Someone That I Used to Know by Goyte or Safe & Sound by Taylor Swift if I hadn't run across them on my friends profiles. So, while annoying sometimes I'm happy we have the option to upload videos and show that side of our personalities.

--- > PMS Halo Podcast May 2012 < ---
                      .:. <3 Big Sisters PMS Socks & PMS Lollicake .:.
                      .:. <3 Little Sister PMS Mars .:.

Comment

Working...
                      X