Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HG's Sig Thread

Originally posted by PMS octocookie View Post
    Y U SO GOOD Gin? Lol no but seriously looks amazing, I love the way the light is reflected off her skin. The only thing I would ask is that instead of my GT we use her name. (Should have mentioned that in the beginning lol)

Zoya Baraskov, Matriarch

and then somewhere a wee bit small could be the guild name: Val Victrix

Hope that isnt too much to ask for and darn you are fast lol

HTML Code:
    [IMG]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/hginct/Zoya_zps28a12609.png[/IMG]
    Let me know if this is better, I don't want to add too much text because it would just clutter up the sig.

If you'd like a sig like this one ^^^ post in My Sig Shop and I'll be happy to make you one.
    RB3 Expert Pro Drummer. Ranked 3rd on RB3 Leaderboards. message me on XBL if you want to play.
    GT: HGinCT14 ^_^

Comment

Yeah that is exactly what I'd hoped for, no more text required really. Again really love the lighting there. Thanks again for another amazing signature Gin!

<3 TWINSIES PMS NinjaMuffin! <3 <3

Comment

Originally posted by PMS octocookie View Post
        Yeah that is exactly what I'd hoped for, no more text required really. Again really love the lighting there. Thanks again for another amazing signature Gin!
        no problem, anytime

If you'd like a sig like this one ^^^ post in My Sig Shop and I'll be happy to make you one.
        RB3 Expert Pro Drummer. Ranked 3rd on RB3 Leaderboards. message me on XBL if you want to play.

Comment

Hey man would it be possiable to get a sig that has 2 FN Five Seven pistols crossing over each other with my name and my position in H2O on the sig with the main colors being red and black

Comment

Awesome work Gin!

I myself like to delve into graphics design as a hobby when I have the time... Have been doing so for a few years now, but have never been that great at creating signatures to be honest.

Haven't tried much to be fair, though!

What do you think of my current signature? I created it a few years ago haha. Keep up the good work!
            "In every difficulty, lies opportunity." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Oh No A Brit View Post
              Awesome work Gin!

I myself like to delve into graphics design as a hobby when I have the time... Have been doing so for a few years now, but have never been that great at creating signatures to be honest.

Haven't tried much to be fair, though!

What do you think of my current signature? I created it a few years ago haha. Keep up the good work!
              The hulk Smash one? I think it's pretty good. I do think the contrast can be increased a little bit (some gray areas that don't really blend well with the hulk) and a light source can be created. Sigs with renders are limiting because you have to base your lighting around the render, but if done correctly can really make the sig POP.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O F7 Glitcher View Post
                Hey man would it be possiable to get a sig that has 2 FN Five Seven pistols crossing over each other with my name and my position in H2O on the sig with the main colors being red and black
                let me if this is kind of what you were aiming for:

HTML Code:
                [IMG]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/hginct/Glitcher_zpsd555ecf0.png[/IMG]

Comment

Yea that was what i was aiming for and thanks a lot its looks really good

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Gin View Post
                    The hulk Smash one? I think it's pretty good. I do think the contrast can be increased a little bit (some gray areas that don't really blend well with the hulk) and a light source can be created. Sigs with renders are limiting because you have to base your lighting around the render, but if done correctly can really make the sig POP.
                    I actually made that one last night, I was talking about this one:

I am going to be making a few more soon though.

Edit: Thanks for the C&C!
                    Last edited by H2O Letchy; 01-03-2013, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh No A Brit View Post
                      I actually made that one last night, I was talking about this one:

I am going to be making a few more soon though.
                      for this one I have a few recommendations, most are the same as before.

This signature kind of lacks a focal point and no part of it particularly draws my attention. It seems it's one shade of brown across the entire thing. The way to improve this is to do a few things:

1. Set the render slightly off center. The eye is naturally drawn to the points of a center rectangle formed by 4 lines (2 horizontal, 2 vertical). This information is useful because you can easily figure out where the first place someone would look would be.

I took a sig I did in the past (PMS Texas Angel's current sig) and added guidelines to kind of show this idea:

The text follows these lines pretty closely and the spartan's face ends up near the top right hand corner of this mini rectangle that the lines make.

2. Add some contrast and lighting. These two things go hand and hand because the more contrast you add, the more it exposes the light and dark areas of the sig. Some renders even have a built in lighting to them. This sig for example, the soldiers right side is noticeably lighter than the left, this fact makes selecting a direction for the lighting very simple.

There are a few ways to add contrast and lighting but the easiest and most effective way I've found is to add a Gradient Adjustment Layer. The default is from black to white (white to black, I've forgotten which one) and will show you where the lightest part of the sig is. turning it to a Multiply blending mode will accentuate the darker parts of the gradient and ignore the lighter parts, and a Lighten mode will do the opposite.

I also suggest experimenting with the Smudge tool, blending modes and filters. These are what I end up using the most often and I think, if used properly, really end up being the most efficient way to use photoshop when it comes to sig making.

I hope this information was useful. If you have any more questions, let me know
                      Last edited by H2O Gin; 01-03-2013, 06:28 AM.

Comment

I don't like to double post, but I recently had a spark of inspiration doing z Necrophobia z's sig and had to share the results:

Last edited by H2O Gin; 01-05-2013, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Very nice.

Thank you for the advice, too

Comment

Could you make me a Halo 4 / Battlefield sig In battlefield i Snipe a lot with 98Bravo.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O ObiJeff View Post
                              Could you make me a Halo 4 / Battlefield sig In battlefield i Snipe a lot with 98Bravo.
                              HI, sorry it took so long to get back to you
                              I'll have a sig for you later tonight.

but just some clarification, the text you want is:

"I snipe a lot with 98Bravo"?

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Gin View Post
                                I don't like to double post, but I recently had a spark of inspiration doing z Necrophobia z's sig and had to share the results:

Nice sigs, But the text is kinda hard to read due to it being so dark. But other than that its really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X