Gaming Headsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gaming Headsets

I have Turtle beach x31s and I love them I just hate batteries, I have rechargables but I always lose them...

Comment

Originally posted by PMS KittieOnALeash View Post
      -__-
      Well, my Turtle Beach X11's are acting funky! The left earphone is not playing sound, but it's playing voice chat. Ugh, these were pretty expensive too. Not looking forwards to spending a paycheck on head phones, but I guess it's just going to happen.
      If audio is not coming through from the game but chat is maybe a bad splitter cable.... or their could be an issue inside the earcup with the part that accepts the incoming chat but on a different part of the circuit than the game audio. i dunno just a thought...
      sigpic

Comment

Fab thread as I am thinking of getting a real gaming headset and was wondering too. Y'all have been full of great information. Thanks!
        “Well-behaved women rarely make history.” Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
        Much adoration and as much coffee as they want to my sistas...
        PMS FemTastic, PMS Sk33tasBaby, Pebblesmoon, guitarplaya519!
        :mvwave:

Comment

I have both the Turtle Beach X31's and the Astro A30's. The thing I can't stand about the TB's is the wireless works on 2.4ghz and my wireless router interferes with the signal all the time so I get popping noises about every 30 seconds or so. The A30's are super comfortable, they are what I use most of the time. The best thing about the A30's is the mixamp. If you have a decent amount of money to spend I would suggest getting a mixamp and any nice set of headphones to go with it.

Comment

Astros are super comfortable. They are pricey but completely worth the price, and you can use them for PC/MP3 player/Xbox/PS3. Using them for Xbox requires an amp, but this allows you to change loudness of your party versus game sound when need be. Best headset I've ever owned. Only drawback is the intense amount of wires.
            Gamertag: XDeadly Kitten
            MashThoseButtons

Comment

I have read about how Turtle Beaches are bad. To be honest, I think Turtle Beaches are great. I own the X12 and it's super nice. It's just the wire that is very annoying. I think it's all about how well you take care of your headsets, and if you have children disconnect those headsets completely and put them in a really high place so they won't get to them. That's what I do.
              Sig By *Star PMS* (Thank You!)

Formally Known As:

*Star PMS*PMS Heartsan*PMS Turtles*PMS Triix*Insan3Michael*H2O Sacred Durag

Comment

Not long ago I bought my (X11), and the price they are pretty good. Beat any day, bad the Xbox 360 Headset! There is not a problem. There is a very faint hissing / static background noise, but I can not even hear the sound through.
                This area is NOT for advertising.:mvshakefist:

Comment

ASTRO A30'S!!!!!

Amazing sound, compatible with all systems and PC, AND doubles as regular headphones, (Just take off the mic, easy)
                  Last edited by Char2000; 10-26-2011, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PMS MeanCherry View Post
                    I have read about how Turtle Beaches are bad. To be honest, I think Turtle Beaches are great. I own the X12 and it's super nice. It's just the wire that is very annoying. I think it's all about how well you take care of your headsets, and if you have children disconnect those headsets completely and put them in a really high place so they won't get to them. That's what I do.
                    Once you've gotten to the higher end headsets you can't really go back to the TurtleBeaches. They've always been a budget brand, and while I haven't tried the newer models beyond PX5's, I remember the X11's and DX11's (of whom I was a longtime fanboy of), nevertheless I tried the Astro A40's and it's a totally different experience. Everything is so clear and comfortable, I feel godly when I'm playing. The highs and lows are perfect, and you really can start to rely on hearing people before you see them in any Call of Duty game you play. Now you might think your Turtlebeaches are good, but on Highrise in MW2 can you reliably tell what window is being smashed open in the beginning of each round, and thus figure out what route the enemy is taking? This is one of the many benefits of owning an Astro -or any higher end headset- and that is why Astros are my first choice.
                    Last edited by Mindless; 10-24-2011, 02:19 PM.

Comment

As everyone else has said, it really depends on your price range. over a year ago, i bought the Turtle Beach X11s (the cheaper, surround-sound, wired headset) to prepare for a GB match. They were $59 at Best Buy at the time. They are a little more expensive now, but I can say they have lasted about a year and a half with no major issues. I have only had the very occasional complaint of feedback (this is usually from other gamers who have TBs of some kind). Overall, I have been happy with their quality (not flimsy) and durability (almost 2 years with no major issues).

That being said, my next pair will probably be Astros. Still looking into them though.

<3 L4D Undeadies Forever <3 | <3 to my COD ladies <3

Comment

Originally posted by PMS Atiyana View Post
                        As everyone else has said, it really depends on your price range. over a year ago, i bought the Turtle Beach X11s (the cheaper, surround-sound, wired headset) to prepare for a GB match. They were $59 at Best Buy at the time. They are a little more expensive now, but I can say they have lasted about a year and a half with no major issues. I have only had the very occasional complaint of feedback (this is usually from other gamers who have TBs of some kind). Overall, I have been happy with their quality (not flimsy) and durability (almost 2 years with no major issues).

That being said, my next pair will probably be Astros. Still looking into them though.
                        The X11's aren't surround sound, they're stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Char2000 View Post
                          The X11's aren't surround sound, they're stereo
                          Perhaps she's thinking about the DX11'S...?

Comment

Still loving my Astro's

Comment

Using my studio akg k702's with a microphone somewhere on the desk

Comment

At last, the item comes in not many parts and has been adulated for its simplicity of development and use how to get a deeper voice. This amplifier and its flexible stand are likewise extremely solid and all around assembled, utilizing solid metal and a thick, non-slip elastic base. In general this is an incredible receiver to use for podcasting or other shared sound assignments since it is so convenient yet flexible.

Comment

Working...
                                X