Gaming Headsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming Headsets

Im looking into buying a gaming headset, but i really dont know anything about this. and i would like to have a look at opinions everyone has here.

Re: Gaming Headsets

Headset Comparison

Depends on your price range and what you're looking for:

Trittons AX(whatevers) break but Tritton will replace parts

Astros are a little over priced but great customer service and the mixamp can be used for other dolby 5.1 headsets (great for compatibility)

Low end TB break and don't have good directional sound

High end TB - idk, personally i haven't used
    [/NOOBLET]

Comment

well if your looking for a good headset, you should really think about looking at the Turtle Beach PX21's. Here's a link to the website. They work for the Ps3, Xbox, and PC so they'll do you good for all 3. They are very sturdy and sound amazing

Comment

I am looking at getting the A40s.

Comment

I have some turtle beaches and they are good, but I don't like to use them as well. They seem funky, I would go with astros

Comment

I had a set of trittons and loved them. But like Righty said... they break :/
            CRAZY IS BACK PEOPLE.... RUN FOR YOUR LIVES

Comment

Funky? As in fit weird? Lol, I was thinking of buying turtle beaches also but I really don't know...
              <3's my Big Sis PMS Stunner_Carly
              Always <3's my Big Bro TheNotorious1
              Formerly PMS Eris

Comment

the sound is all messed up in the turtle beaches, they were good for a month and then one of the speakers went out

Comment

Okay i just got a set of Tritton AX 720's last week and OMG im lovin' 'em! the sound is amazing, it can be used for any platform, and the sound quality is just...amazing. haha. they weren't too expensive. got em at best buy for $130, which if you're looking for any gaming headset that is Dolby 5.1 surround sounds youre gonna either pay that price or higher. Highly recommend them!

Comment

I got the Astro A30's, with the MixAmp and I got a set of Turtle Beach X31's and both rock my socks off. The Turtle Beaches rock hard cause they're wireless and I've got a son. So it's real ideal for that. The only thing is that sometimes the mic will pick up weird noises sometimes and sort of bug whomever I'm playing with, but it's got the mute button. But the sound is real decent, especially playing FPS's and being able to hear every footstep around every corner.

The A30's, although I hate it being wired, are so badass with the sound. The MixAmp allows you to be able to play with any console just about, except the Wii I think. But the digital sound if you get the cables for it, is just ridiculous. And it's mic is able to detach if you just want to use them as headphones. And they feel like velvet silk on your ears. Yes, customer service is flawless.

Price range, my X31's were $100 at Best Buy and the A30's were like $250 with the MixAmp I think. So ya, a little expensive but worth it if you've got the dough to drop.

But this just in, check out this thread from H2O Helios.http://www.pmsclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59077 Astros apparently are on sale for $99.
                    Last edited by H2O Fortified; 07-15-2010, 12:27 AM.
                    <<Big Brother: H2O Quotez>>

Comment

Originally posted by xXTummyWummyXx View Post
                      Im looking into buying a gaming headset, but i really dont know anything about this. and i would like to have a look at opinions everyone has here.
                      Ok, everyone has their own opinion. But being Straight up, Don't by any of the Turtle beaches unless you plan on buying Ear Force X41, and they cost 199.95. I have a pair of Turtle Beaches. They break easily, the cord that connects to the xbox/ps3 paddle is very flimsily. I world look into headsets from Astro's or Trittons. Thats just my opinion. Hope ever thing works out for you.

Comment

I'll support, market, and advise all friends to pay a little extra for the Astro Sound System.
                        sigpic
                        I want what all men want, I just want it more.

Comment

tritton ax pros!
                          you can use t hem on ps3, 360, and pc!
                          and they sound fantastic and look hot
                          but theyre about 10dollars shy of $200

I have them and I LOVE them [:
                          sigpic
                          <3 My Big Sis AngieFaSho & my super amazing h2o H2O DarkKnight 2k6 <3

Comment

They dropped the price for the astro's and now I feel the people that got the iphone first.

Comment

Lol.
                              sigpic
                              <3 My Big Sis AngieFaSho & my super amazing h2o H2O DarkKnight 2k6 <3

Comment

Working...
                              X