Looking for a new game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new game

Any suggestions for good xbox game i should pick up?
    I've played pretty much all the triple a titles. I'm still playing the crap out of halo, i just need something to help pass time when no one is on. I have gears, cod, mass effect. Dont like skyrim or minecraft. Havent liked the previous battlefields.
    Anyone got a sleeper i should get?

Re: Looking for a new game

Originally posted by H2O Assisted View Post
    Any suggestions for good xbox game i should pick up?
    I've played pretty much all the triple a titles. I'm still playing the crap out of halo, i just need something to help pass time when no one is on. I have gears, cod, mass effect. Dont like skyrim or minecraft. Havent liked the previous battlefields.
    Anyone got a sleeper i should get?
    Resident Evil xD

Comment

Well RE6 looks awesome.
      I have played all the other ones excpet the latest one. I thought i read it was a squad based shooter where you control other guys along with you character.
      Whats it like?

Comment

Well RE6 looks awesome.
        I have played all the other ones excpet the latest one. I thought i read it was a squad based shooter where you control other guys along with you character.
        Whats it like?
        I actually liked it, what people don't realize is it's a spin-off and they intentionally made it different.

It's a mix of GoW/CoD in a way if you ask me with the shooting/cover system. Definitely Squad based though

Comment

Hmm......if you don't mind button mashing a bit, try Asura's Wrath. Wasn't amazing, but it captivated my attention throughout the storyline. Lord of the Rings: War in the North was insanely fun. Though, if you didn't like Skyrim, is it from disliking RPG's, or just from Skyrim's gameplay?

Proud to have been a Dawnguard/Dragonborn Beta Tester!

Comment

if your looking for something to pass away some hours there are some awesome rpgs out there. Lost Odyssey is by far the best RPG on the 360 (developed by mistwalker who are made of people who were with squaresoft before they merged with enix)
            Star ocean which is a lot of fun plus also little gems like Eternal sonata or perhaps even tales of vesperia (both of which have similar battle systems to star ocean)

On the arcade side there is costume quest made by Double fine which is a quaint funny and retro style game which just makes u feel like a kid again

Comment

I'm not too sure how partial you are to the horror genre but I'd suggest grabbing a GOtY Edition of Dead Space (1 or 2, if not both) for some time passing fun. Sure, they're not exactly heavy hitters offline but they are entertaining and thrilling, in a sense. There's also F.E.A.R.

If you're into zombies and like the XBL Arcade there's a game called AMY that's decent and keeps you interested; though I do caution that it can be and is frustrating at times and the controls are a little clunky, but it's a pretty good game once you figure out what works and what doesn't. It's actually intriguing and I do wish they had a better budget and more time to expand it into a bigger title.

If you just want some mindless fun, Bulletstorm, Borderlands (and RAGE), and any of the LEGO Adventure titles can net you that. (I personally like LEGO Indiana Jones and Star Wars because they're nostalgic and make me snicker while playing.) There's also Portal 2 if you're looking to work your brain a little bit; yes, the puzzles aren't exceedingly difficult to figure out but if you're going into the game fresh they can present a decent challenge to start off...and it helps a heap that the characters are/story is hilarious.

These games are all relatively cheap (10$ to 25$, or 800 MSPs) too so that's a bonus, and some have decent multiplayer options if you ever want to get online to share your gaming experiences.
              ᴰᵒᶜ :mvcelebration: ᴿᵉᵛˣ ᴾᴹˢ

Comment

@paladin...i dont really care for skyrim's gameplay. I do like rpg's and leveling characters as long as the combat is engaging (realtime battles that make you press buttons to execute is what im getting at).

@Gallow. I have both dead space games and i did enjoy those thoroughly. I was thinking of maybe doing a play through of deadspace 2 on hard. I'd just have to rebuy it. How difficult are the fear games? Some of those valve games really frustrated me in the past, but that may have been just becasue i was younger and not very good at games.

Anyone played Dragon's Dogma? Its new rpg that came out that is supposed to have really good combat for a rpg. i was thinking of that but i want to wait a little until someone i know plays it first.

Comment

Anyone played Dragon's Dogma? Its new rpg that came out that is supposed to have really good combat for a rpg. i was thinking of that but i want to wait a little until someone i know plays it first.
                  Yes this game is awesome. myself im taking a long time to go through it cause i dont want to finish it fast. but the combat is fast paced its got an ok story, some of the bigger fights are more challenging and the pawn system and the vocation system are very good.

Being capcom it has a good few nods to monster hunter if uve ever played it and id recommend this game highly as im still playing through it.
                  Also the level cap on this is set at 200, there is weekly dlc being released and a very large community. if you still have any doubts there is also a demo on the marketplace to try out as well

Comment

Gotham City Impostars nuff said
                    sigpic
                    My love is only for Bleujay, Appy<3, Pharoasis, Sanjo and myself

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Brutus View Post
                      Gotham City Impostars nuff said
                      :mvagree:

It's a FPS, but I don't feel the same kind of stress as I do when I'm playing Halo. I've had MW3 and BF3 for quite some time and I wasn't so big into them when they first came out, but as of lately I've been playing them a lot more. ACTUALLY, yesterday I took part in the PMS vs H2O MW3 snipe off and although I HATE using the sniper, it was a lot of fun. I forgot how much fun MW3 can be. I do have to say I was gaming with a bunch of awesome people though.

Comment

Well...if you like racing games, you got Four-za out and then coming out soon, Forza Horizon and a remake of Need For Speed: Most Wanted. To pass the time until the new NFS comes out, you could go back and play the original NFS:MW for the time being. There are easy achievements in there...

Also, if you like RPG games, there's also the Fallout series, if you're into that post-apocalyptic kind of state of mind.

Otherwise, I can't think of games besides those already mentioned that are good games.

Comment

The F.E.A.R games aren't really that difficult even on the hardest settings simply because it the first two weren't really about the gameplay (that's my honest opinion) but more about the story progression. But they are decent enough shooter/horror games to be worth a cheap buy. (the multiplayer options, however, are sadly empty since most people have moved on and away from them but getting a few friends together to **** around is still a lot of fun.)
                          ᴰᵒᶜ :mvcelebration: ᴿᵉᵛˣ ᴾᴹˢ

Comment

i would say TomClancy Ghost Recon its a great game and the div is awesome laid back and lots of fun too!
                            2-27-12 CHS Never Forget
                            RIP Salty
                            Shout Out to my Big H2O Outlawz!

Comment

I've got a few that many might have passed. Singularity > It was a great game! Not very popular, but I enjoyed it. The Saboteur > It definitely didn't get the credit it deserved! Try it if you haven't already

Comment

Working...
                              X