Who got Pokemon Sun or Moon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who got Pokemon Sun or Moon?

I got both of them though Amazon since they had a 2 pack together which included a Steel case for the games to be stored in, if you are playing another game besides them. Also I like the graphics and the Sound to because there Awesome and Fantastic also I liked it when I started playing the Demo of it, also you get to carry over Ash Greninja and other stuff from the Demo to the full game once you complete some Trials on the full game. I rate them 10 out 10, also a recommendation for anyone who likes the Pokemon Franchise.

I have Pokemon Sun. I have many words about this game.

The beginning of this game is remarkably frustrating for me because of the number of unskip-able tutorials. Like... you have to watch a simulated battle play out to learn how to catch pokemon. You have to watch a simulated battle on how to use Z powers or whatever the latest gimmick is. Not to mention, on the first island you're stopped every ten feet just to have someone point out "That's a clothes shop!" or "That's a pokecenter!". It really took away the spirit of exploration that RPGs encouraged, so for that I'm super disappointed. I'm on the second island now, so I'm hoping it gets better. But honestly, the level of tutorials and info shoved down my throat on that first island almost made me stop playing.

I kept reading reviews that "this is the first pokemon that [the reviewer] ever cared about the setting of the game" or the story or things of that nature. I... disagree. Maybe it's again because every time I got stopped for something asinine I would become un-submerged from the world. I think if this were your first pokemon ever it would be interesting. And by that, I mean, you've literally never seen a Pokemon or picked up a game before.

That "calling for help" mechanic that wild pokemon can do? Extends battles waaaaay too long. I've had pokemon call 10 additional pokemon for help. A battle that should be less than a minute turns out to feel like a half hour now, it's just exhausting.

I'm majorly pessimistic about this game so far. I like the idea of the trials and fighting the kahunas or whatever, those changes are cool. But the good changes to me just feel so majorly diluted by nonsense that it's hard for me to appreciate.

That being said, I'm still going to play it. My husband and I are trading team members once we reach level 25, with the promise that whoever we give the other person has to be carried all the way to Victory Road (or whatever that will be called in this game). I'm more excited for our meta than the story in the game lol.

Comment

Also, H2O Deuces56 , I think Recon just answered the question you had for me yesterday about what kind of Pokemon you get from playing the Demos.

Comment

Unskippable tutorials and cutscenes... UGH!!!

Comment

I've got moon.

I wish there was an option for the veteran Pokemon players, us adults, to choose whether or not we would have the tutorials.
          My PMS Sisters: Loki, Sireniix, Warrior, and PhoenixRaine

Comment

Does anyone have a decent team yet?

The only set members of my team are Owltair (Rowlett), DirtyRandy (Grimer), Sonic (Slowpoke) and Kaji Inu (Growlithe). The other two spots are up for grabs... Not sure how I feel about my team yet though. u_u I feel like I can't catch any decent pokemon lol. Everything I find are just Mudbrays or Wingulls. Mudbrays and Wingulls as the eye can see.

Comment

I got sun!

I already got the sandshrew from Pokemon Moon so I'm contented

About the tutorial scenes and cutscenes, everyone said it already.

Diablo 3 : Biohazard#1686 | CSGO : brawlster | Hearthstone/HotS : Brawley#1642
              twitter| twitch

Comment

Last edited by Equinox Jr H2O; 11-28-2016, 07:41 AM. Reason: repeat post

Comment

I have Pokémon sun. I had a Magneton lvl 30 but I put him away in search of a Pikachu. Found a Pichu lvl 13 that I'm taking with me to victory road. My other 5 consist of Butterfree (30), Toucannon (31), Torracat (33), Haunter (32), and Ash-Greninja (40). However I'm looking to do a double trade to evolve my Haunter into a Gengar if anyone could help.

Friend code 3840-7330-6685 name: Equinox

Comment

Originally posted by Equinox Jr H2O View Post
                    I have Pokémon sun. I had a Magneton lvl 30 but I put him away in search of a Pikachu. Found a Pichu lvl 13 that I'm taking with me to victory road. My other 5 consist of Butterfree (30), Toucannon (31), Torracat (33), Haunter (32), and Ash-Greninja (40). However I'm looking to do a double trade to evolve my Haunter into a Gengar if anyone could help.

Friend code 3840-7330-6685 name: Equinox
                    How far are you in the game already?

Diablo 3 : Biohazard#1686 | CSGO : brawlster | Hearthstone/HotS : Brawley#1642
                    twitter| twitch

Comment

I got to the 2nd island already lol. I have a good team

Comment

Just picked it up this morning, haven't put it down since lol, If anybody wants to add me my info is

Spiffy
                        FC: 1607-6600-8099

Protector of penguins

Comment

2380-4926-5425 Will add you now.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Brawley View Post

How far are you in the game already?
                            I just landed on the 3rd island.

Comment

I'll have to find my 3DS friend code and post it, I forget what it is off hand. x_x

However! I finally have a set team: Muk (Dirty Randy), Decidueye (Owltair), Primarina (Dank Hank), Hariyama (Chouji), Arcanine (Kaji Inu), and Lycanroc (Rocky). Taking them all to the top!

Everyone's pretty close to level 50 now. After the tutorial islands calm their nonsense down, the game actually gets a lot more interesting. Hau is probably the first time I've actually liked the rival trainer - he's actually useful in and out of battle. I still stand by that the tutorials were overwhelming in the beginning, but if you can power through that the game is actually getting pretty decent.

Comment

Working...
                              X