Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 3-5 biggest Video-Game letdowns in the past 5 years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 3-5 biggest Video-Game letdowns in the past 5 years.

Seeing as we've all been there... Gotten that game for xmas, seen that awesome preview or screenshots for a hot new title from a reputable game company or even a new and up and coming one. Now I'm just wondering what everyone's are... You don't have to put 5 but that is the max or this could get pretty long. So here are mine in order 1 being the biggest letdown...

5.) Halo Reach
    4.) Homefront
    3.) FFXVI
    2.) CoD MW3
    1.) Star Wars The Old Republic

Note: This is a semi discussion thread but not a bash others thread so please lets keep it civil. If anyone wants to ponder why my choices are what they are then feel free to ask.

Only the dead have seen the end of war. ~PLATO~

I've been here so long... Seems like yesterday I was playing CS with Twin and some of the original PMS girls... Those were the days...

GT: xD4x Titan X

Re: Top 3-5 biggest Video-Game letdowns in the past 5 years.

Halo Reach needs to be like number 3. I was a vivid Halo 3 player and have been a Halo fan since the beggining(I think that's how it is spelled). Then spent 65 dollars on a game that made me rage quit so bad all from the jet packs.
    [CENTER]
    Much Love to my LiL Bro's Mrcoolassassin and Abstract VII.

Comment

3.Homefront
      2.Brink
      1.MW3 (as predicted)

Big Bro: Dink H2O (clown)

Comment

I personally enjoyed Homefront, but....I agree with Halo: Reach. It just feels to different from the other Halo games I used to play.
        I can't really say...OH
        Biggest let down game of all time for me:
        Game of Thrones -_- WORST battle system I have ever seen.

Proud to have been a Dawnguard/Dragonborn Beta Tester!

Comment

1. Skyrim - played it twice and got so bored of it.
          2. Brink
          3. MW3
          4. Assassins Creed: Revelations - to short

Erm, thats about it haha.
          sigpic

Comment

Mw3

Comment

MDW3,Brink,Rage, and BulletStorm
              2-27-12 CHS Never Forget
              RIP Salty
              Shout Out to my Big H2O Outlawz!

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Obsidian View Post
                3.Homefront
                2.Brink
                1.MW3 (as predicted)
                Hard to believe that I actually agree with you on something.

Comment

5: Halo reach
                  4: Witcher 2 (people might moan but compared to what else was out there this kinda fell short)
                  3: Resident evil ORC
                  2: MW3
                  1: Final fantasy 13

i do also agree with a lot of other people, games like brink, rage, homefront. But my list is based on games that disappointed me the most
                  H2O Hippy
                  H2O Clan
                  Last edited by H2O Hippy; 06-15-2012, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Mostly what this was for was opinions. But, it seems so far we have reached a general agreement that Halo: Reach and MW3 all should be in the top 5... I'm disgusted with how rinse and repeat game companies have become... MW3 was just pathetic... The graphics weren't an upgrade, the weapons were laughable, the multi-player to me could have just been a 2000 point content download to MW2 for everyone's sake... The story finished off with a bang yes but anymore why do games even have single players? As for Halo: Reach... I had high hopes for it but, haven't beaten the single player and [email protected] thinking it's a good idea to force people to buy DLC just to keep playing their game? As for Homefront the game was just too buggy, I enjoyed the multiplayer but it was just skippy and buggy and they didn't seem to fix much in the 6-7 months I had it. But, the single player was gripping and very rich imo aside from the bug at the end of the game that didn't let me beat it...

I've been here so long... Seems like yesterday I was playing CS with Twin and some of the original PMS girls... Those were the days...

Comment

well the top 5 playstation 3 let downs in last 5 years that i think were were

1. COD Black ops
                      2.COD MW2 (liked story mode though)
                      3.final fantasy 13 (its gone down hill since FF10)
                      4. COD Black ops 2 (its all sucks they didnt think it though) the guy your after in story mode is atleast 100 years old
                      5. skyrim (i love the game but just to much freedom)

Comment

Too much freedom? I don't see how that could be a bad thing... It makes it so you don't HAVE to do the story on a rail and such... But Black Ops 2 isn't out yet but yes it's kinda silly imo...

Comment

I'm not really looking forward to Black Ops 2 whatsoever. I enjoyed World at War. I like the old world war games. These modern warfare games aren't terrible, but it's becoming more and more like it's just gonna be the same thing over and over. Bring back Call of Duty 2, and World at War! That's what we need from the Call of Duty franchise.

Proud to have been a Dawnguard/Dragonborn Beta Tester!

Comment

Too Human
                            Alan Wake
                            Splinter Cell: Conviction
                            Rage
                            SSX

Comment

I cannot understand why this one didn't make anyone's list other than people utterly stopped caring about it after seven years. But I waited. I anticipated. I craved. And I was let down.

Duke Nukem Forever
                              ᴰᵒᶜ :mvcelebration: ᴿᵉᵛˣ ᴾᴹˢ

Comment

Working...
                              X