Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

I just picked this game up and its awesome! I have only played about an hr but I am really enjoying the combat and the storyline. If you need a good RPG and you liked Fable you should def check this game out.

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Can I ask a question?? Hell I'm asking it anyway!!

How open is the game on a scale of 1-10?? 1 is "A to B" narrow corridors and 10 is Skyrim.
    I played the demo and I realllllly liked the vibrant scenery and the combat, but I'm worried that the game is just a singular road with towns and ruins in between.
    sigpic
    <3 Gallow|Paine <3 :mvsuprisehug:

Comment

Well I haven't got too far, I have heard the map is huge. I know you can just wander around and do side quests but I wouldn't compare it to Skyrim because I cant really answer the question. I will def be posting more about the game once I get further in. Other then that the combat is really fun. There are special combo moves you unlock and depending on the weapon ur using you can do sneak attacks with daggers and finish them in 1 hit.

Comment

So long as there is a large map I'll be happy. However this is on the wait list sadly, picking up Catherine (FINALLY released in the EU) this week, Jak and Daxter HD the week after and then there won't be enough time to fully enjoy KoA:R before ME3 is released =[
        sigpic

Comment

I would def keep it on ur radar if you get bored. This game is alot of fun, the best way to describe it is a mix of fable and dungeons and dragons mixed with gauntlet. but its all single player sadly this game would be awesome if it was multiplayer!

Comment

I really want to play it, but I am saving the little bit of money that I am getting for RE: Operation Raccoon City, and Mass Effect 3. If I still am in the mood for playing it after getting those two games, then I will be getting it.

Also, there are a lot of good looking movies on the horizon too so that is going to put a dent in my game money.

Comment

I've been watching the gameplay it looks sick to me!!!!
              I'll miss you all

Comment

OH YAY! I saved for ME3, hubby picked it up. I will stealth ninja his disc tray and try it out.

@Vigilant Catherine was an artistically beautiful game, but not worth a 2nd playthru. Agreed.

♥ My Sisters xCougarX▪Ruby▪TheSkittles▪Calluna▪Celeste
                ♥ Mi Amours:Agent Coke▪Star▪P1nkM1st▪Butty578▪Casper▪Born2Kill
                CLICK FOR Verti's PC STREAM

Comment

The map looked huge, even in the demo, if you actually pulled up the in-game world map. Definitely something I would like to play in the future, but I may just get ME3 and focus on that.

I have no doubt that KoA will be a very good game though, esp when it's the lead designer that made Morrowind and Oblivion; skyrim was not made by the same guy. I don't expect it to be like Oblivion, however, as it has a different style to it, but looks very promising.

Hail to the Snap Family: H2O W3akjuice, H2O Trogdor, H2O Fabby, and H2O Snap!

and... Shoutouts to my "unofficial" big sisters XD
                  : Elfi PMS, PMS Wedge, and PMS Dot!
                  And much love to my latest sister, Lumos! <3

Comment

I was just thinking about picking it up; I liked what I read about being able to make sort of hybrid classes based on how you fill out the skill trees.
                    BIG hearts: Lil Hoov --- LIL hearts: Vertigo, Postcrossed, & TiNkTiNk
                    EXTRA hearts: Cougar, Foxeh, Lady Eve, Pony, & the Mod Squad
                    SPECIAL hearts to my space captain, H2O Casper

Comment

I really want to try it, but my current PC just can't handle it the way I want it to. :sigh:

Comment

I'm probably gonna buy it, I loved the demo. The only problem is Mass Effect 3

Comment

I've been playing this one too. Honestly, I couldn't be bothered with the storyline - its a bad habit that I even did with Skyrim - but the combat is so awesome and feels so smooth.

What I like about this is that I feel like I'm playing an MMO by myself, without the dedication needed for an MMO like subscriptions. I mean, over 200+ content is pretty epic.

Comment

Picking it up alongside Mass Effect 3 special edition

I'm buying a second copy two days early with a free t-shirt, trade it in and exchange for Amalur. Don't question my judgement!!

@Verti Agreed. Traded it in after one playthrough. Good, but I don't want to play it again.
                            sigpic

Comment

Aren't they just going to keep releasing DLC for the game to make it have an excessive amount of time to continue playing it? Lol. Which is what I like games doing. i.e. Rock Band with their 3k plus songs in their library I have this reserved, just have yet to pick it up. Trying to pay off PAX East and whatnot. (Where are thee tax return at?!)
                              "They're all reactions! One thing begets the next. A man has a weakness, he's flawed. That flaw leads him to guilt. The guilt leads him to shame. The shame he compensates with pride and vanity. And when pride fails, despair takes over and they all lead to his destruction. It will become his fate... Something's gotta stop the flow."

Comment

Working...
                              X