Anthem: A Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthem: A Discussion

Despite all the skeptcisism, which is very much understandable given EA. Im looking foward to this game.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Ovaryacting PMS; 02-04-2019, 09:13 AM.

Much love to H2O Camper & my clan sisters Jenga PMS, Ardroxian Rayne PMS & PMS Morgana!

I'm hoping to be part of creating the Anthem Division when this comes out, if it lives up to expectations.

Comment

I'm feeling dangerously optimistic about Anthem. After having seen enough of their live dev streams and hearing good comments from others who had a chance at trying the Alpha test, I am at least willing to give a new game such as Anthem a try. I simply cannot resist the urge to suit up in armor like Tony Stark and fly around to blow stuff up! Should be fun times for sure
      Big high-five to my good friend & partner: Rabbit PMS
      Xbox Live: Zero Sonico X | PSN: Xeriak | Twitter: @SonicoH2O | Sonico H2O on Raptr | Sonico H2O's Twitch

Comment

hey how you all doing, for those of you who remember me ( and i am very rememberalk lol), i think im back,been a nihghtmare time but acceptance is a big thing so accet we do and roll on.

anyway, after 13 hours of infinate load screens finally got into anthems ( VIP lol demo). once the constant log back in after every loaqd to next thing creen was fixed, started playing, initially the controller set up looka a nightmare , running flying, swimming shooting all using same buttons dependant where you are, theyre pretty intuative, game play is smothh, graphics really good, i was very impressed nd it takes a lotto get me hyped about a game these days.
        ive got the old gut feeling, athat this is going to be awesome if EA sit back shutup and let bioware do what theyre good at, there wasnt a lot of stuff open , theres an area i can describe as the base of ops in the division, its yours no other players there, theres crafting ect and the hinting at a story of the collection of ancient technology to use aganst the enemy that does (spoilers not saying) but could cause the breakdown or REALITY itself, . anyway im tottaly up for it and would be in any division if there were to be one, theres an open demo next fri through sunday, iv uploaded some edited gameplay to my youtube
        https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/ULp0hiHuHYMloIw and raw play on mixer Conspire D SES (aqlso my new GT) ill apply to get a change here soon) so head over and once youv hit follows subs an likes lol, let me know what you think. you dont have to follow ect, if you like the stuff yeah cool, im wanting a channelthat only has people who actually like the content and want to join me play an stream, an collab with any other creators here. k enough advertising lol, my thoughts, buy it its got huge potential and can only get better.
        Youtube Mixer add me on Xbox

Comment

Now that the Demo Weekend has passed, what were some of your concerns? Are you still feeling the hype?

My personal take:
          The game is set in a beautiful world. Im not a fan of first-person pov in the city area. Oh and the walking is sooooooo sluggish! I felt like my character was walking around with 50lb weights attached to each ankle.

Bioware has always had games that were very immersed in story and I know that their goal with Anthem is to have both story and multiplayer, I didn't get any sense of that in the Demo, but I also understand that it was just that, a Demo. As for the javelins, the armor is cool as heck, the controls took me some time to get used to. Shooting/gun fights also felt sluggish, maybe more stiff than the sluggish walking experienced in the Fort area.

All in all I thought the game was cool, not sure if I am buying it day one, cool, but cool nonetheless.

Much love to H2O Camper & my clan sisters Jenga PMS, Ardroxian Rayne PMS & PMS Morgana!

Comment

Just typing this out: I saw a article that there's going to be a xbox one s console of it coming out this month.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Kylo Ren View Post
              Just typing this out: I saw a article that there's going to be a xbox one s console of it coming out this month.
              No don't say that I cant buy another one. agree about walking around the "base of ops" is Sooo slow, maybe they will add a triple click stick for 'super fast sIow waIk'.
              If the full game looks Same/better it will be awesome. the controls are very tricky. i use an elite so mapped the Stick click to a paddle, may need more tweaking.
              it was many many deaths before I even realised I had an ultimate weapon. my view "I really want it to be good" then the Next 2 years will be spent Streaming/creating Just this and the division. PEACE.

Youtube Mixer add me on Xbox

Comment

Well.. the launch of Anthem has come and gone a while ago.. and I can honestly say that I will not be sticking around for this ride (at least not for now). The game is so very broken and half baked, that it is hard to think that this is even a BioWare game.. Nevertheless.. Go read Jason Schreier's article over on Kotaku to get more light on the development hell the poor staff/devs alike faced in the last 7 years. My heart and feelings go out to those people who commit countless hours to the project, and only to be shot down time and again, due to poor management/leadership.
                https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anth...ong-1833731964

Maybe the team can still recover the game after another 6 months to a year.. But the hot question is as follows.. Will anyone still care for Anthem when it is fixed and playing like the game it was always meant to be? For the devs that put so many hours in, I hope the answer is yes.. Only time will tell now.
                Big high-five to my good friend & partner: Rabbit PMS
                Xbox Live: Zero Sonico X | PSN: Xeriak | Twitter: @SonicoH2O | Sonico H2O on Raptr | Sonico H2O's Twitch

Comment

Working...
                X