Shantae Games (Risky's Revenge)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shantae Games (Risky's Revenge)

Okay...so big shoutout and thanks to PMS Jordan for introducing me to the Shantae series. She talked about how awesome Shantae and the Pirate's Curse was, and as someone who enjoys platforming games, I certainly wanted to look into it. It is by every stretch of the imagination a traditional platforming game, but with its own unique mechanic that makes it something that I can't find elsewhere (which I won't divulge now, just in case you want to experience it for yourself without spoilers).

I'm not going to do a full review. I'll just say this, I streamed Shantae: Risky's Revege last week on Monday and Tuesday night on the clan Twitch channel, so you can go there to see the VODs if you are interested, but it is basically the sequel to the original Shantae for the Nintendo DS. I beat Risky's Revenge over the weekend and have been achievement hunting since. I enjoyed it so much that I am DEFINITELY going to be picking up the third game in the series, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. However, I am actually going to wait a few more weeks and here's why...

The FOURTH game in the series, Shantae: Half Genie Hero is set to release on Septmeber 27!!! So what will most likely happen is that we will see some of the previous games drop in price on Steam/XBL/Nintendo Shop/etc. as we draw near to the release date to help build up hype (and also since most people will gravitate to the new game so it will naturally drop the price/value of the older games). Since Pirate's Curse is currently $20 on Steam, I'm gonna hold out and hope it drops to somewhere around $10-$15 (I picked up Risky's Revenge for only $10, so here's hoping).

Anyway, go check out the stream, or just buy it and play it for yourself...oh...did I mention that there are four possible "endings" (not really, the story doesn't change, but based on how much you play/complete the game changes the end-game screens hot). I got 3 out of four, still working on that last one. >.<

sigpic

Please follow on Twitter at @BasiliskH2O
Working...
X