• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Destiny Beta: GIVE YOUR FEEDBACK!

We're all dead.
    The Murderous Legion: Mirage, Ovary, Callisto, Zombie, Righty, Cloud

Comment

Which platform(s) did you play destiny on?
      Xbox One

What is your opinion on your overall Destiny Beta experience? Overall I really enjoyed the game, initially I was worried it would be a bit too much like halo and though you can definitely see halo in there (understandable considering who is making it) I didn't think it spoiled it in any way. I enjoyed the setting/story of the game too as I'm a massive fan of sci-fi and futuristic games so that aspect of the game was a winner for me too.

What is your opinion on the story missions? (Usually Vanguard) while I enjoyed the storyline of the beta I did think that the missions were a bit bland and could have used more variety. I had fun doing them but at the end of the day all they really amounted to was "Go here and kill loads of stuff" which I guess is what you expect in an FPS but it would have been cool if there was some variety in objectives since Im not sure how long doing essentially the same mission over and over just with a different location will keep me entertained upon release.

(I should point out here that I missed the period when the moon missions were available as I was in work, so I don't know if they improved on the things I mentioned)

What is your opinion on The Crucible? (Regular Matchmaking)
      I didn't really spend much time here but on the infantry only maps I really enjoyed myself I didn't really pay attention to the specific weapons but it did seem that auto-rifles and fusion rifles were mainly used to the exclusion of all else, thoguh again, I didn't spend much time here so I may have been in the wrong lobbies or played the wrong maps for other choices. I felt that the vehicles on the moon PVP map ruined the experience there for me, sincce until heavy ammo arrives there is no really way to deal with them (specifically the tank-like vehicle)

What is your opinion on The Iron Banner? (Tournament/Limited Time Matchmaking) I was in work during the times it was open so I didn't manage to try it

If you did any beacon missions (from Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, etc. for extra Vanguard reputation), what is your opinion on those? Same as the story missions really, fairly fun to do but could use more variety since tehy basically came down to "Kill a specific enemy" or "Kill X amounts of enemies"

What was your favorite part of the Destiny Beta? Making my character look awesome (I found the most badass looking helmet & cloak combo ever )

Any other comments:
      x Nova was here x
      sigpic
      Your words are as empty as your future. I am the Vanguard of your destruction
      BATTLELOG | STEAM

Comment

Which platform(s) did you play destiny on?
        PS4

What is your opinion on your overall Destiny Beta experience?
        Beta is pretty wholesome, from what I have seen working in the industry I can honestly say I have great appreciation for Bungie's development ethics. Their core gameplay/functionality and design have been near enough the finished product since their first closed Beta. They have obviously invested in their QA as well, I could not find any faults with the title and it feels like a finished quality product.

Destiny is the kind of meticulous craftsmanship and work-pride I come to expect from one of the industries very best developers. Their characteristic game mechanics carry through from the likes of the Halo franchise and sit very well in this new setting. I am glad that they have managed to make something different without trying to be different just for the sake of it.

What is your opinion on the story missions? (Usually Vanguard)
        Love the open world roaming environment, my only criticism is the lack of seamless transition between open world exploration and instanced objective missions. There is no doubt good reason for Bungie's choice here and I have no doubt they will have done this for the right reasons.

What is your opinion on The Crucible? (Regular Matchmaking)
        It's Bungie matchmaking, what more can you say? They have 2 decades worth of multi-player experience, they lead industry trends and that is because they have some of the best talent out there working for them.

There are some minor balancing issues that will probably be addressed as they monitor their server telemetry data. But other than that I have not played an online FPS game that I have enjoyed this much since Battlefield 3.

What is your opinion on The Iron Banner? (Tournament/Limited Time Matchmaking)
        I didn't play enough of this to feel I have an informed opinion to provide.

If you did any beacon missions (from Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, etc. for extra Vanguard reputation), what is your opinion on those?
        I found the beacon missions at time a little tedious, but its a much better way of grinding for reward tokens and contracts than simply killing mobs.

What was your favourite part of the Destiny Beta?
        Seeing that Bungie has the will to bring truly creative narrative to a game given the chance. They have pulled themselves out from under Microsoft's boot and are doing something new and exciting for themselves and for us. It's a little sad Microsoft didn't grant them these freedoms whilst Bungie was under licence.

That being said I think Microsoft's attempt to buy out the loyalty of some of Bungie's employees as the company's licence period was coming to a close was truly insulting. A decade worth of work from Bungie for Microsoft and they try to buy as much talent for their newly formed 343 Industries studio from those who have done some much work selling the XBOX brand.

It's funny seeing Bungie taking favour with Sony now.

Any other comments:
        None
        Last edited by H2O Soarin'; 08-03-2014, 06:43 PM.
        /) (\
        Brohoofs to my fellow Battleponies;
        Aperture, BlueJay, Nova, Chaser, Pony, PRISMA,
        Fluttershy 007 and Arcadian

Comment

Thanks so much to everyone that has provided input so far!

Remember - to those of you who would still like to give feedback, the poll/feedback cutoff required for the article is Wednesday, August 6th.

Hope to hear from more of you. <3

♦Ardrox | Azrael | Heavenly | Keeba | Ovaryacting | Sassy | Solincia♦
          twitter | facebook | twitch

Comment

Get your feedback in, tomorrow evening I'll be starting to add your insight into the article. The poll closes tomorrow.

Comment

Which platform(s) did you play destiny on? I played the Beta on the Xbox 360.

What is your opinion on your overall Destiny Beta experience? My opinion overall of the Beta is I liked it a lot because it was Awesome to play.

What is your opinion on the story missions? (Usually Vanguard) My opinion on story missions are it was Fantastic and Epic to play because you got to diffrent places and also the Treasure Chests as well as you get to find those to.

What is your opinion on The Crucible? (Regular Matchmaking) The Crucible was a cool and gnarly to play, since you got to get EXP or whatever it was and also you got unlock new Weapons and other cool stuff aswell.

What is your opinion on The Iron Banner? (Tournament/Limited Time Matchmaking) The Iron Banner reminded me of Capture the Flag and as well as Territories for some reason that is what it reminded me of.

If you did any beacon missions (from Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, etc. for extra Vanguard reputation), what is your opinion on those? My opinions on the beacon missions I would have to say some of them were Very Easy and some of them were tough.

What was your favorite part of the Destiny Beta? My favorite part of the Beta was when the Moon Mission was opened.

Any other comments: My comments I wonder if they are going to put a skill or a ranking system in Multiplayer.

Comment

Wasn't able to play the beta, but was nice reading through this thread on what everyone's views were. Looking forward to it's release a little bit more now.

H2O Simple: "Vado, when I saw your name was playing defense, I knew it was over."
                (MW3 Capture the Flag)

I'm just the resident party'er!

Comment

You have a ton of responses! Awesome I can't wait to read the article.
                  Currently: Editorial Director, Community Engagements Member
                  Previous: Roster Manager in the PC LoL Division
                  :mvdj:
                  Follow me on Twitter @SvennaCirclet or watch me on Twitch!
                  Want a Lootcrate subscription?

Comment

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that gave their responses. I appreciate everyone's feedback. I wish I could have mentioned everything that everyone said in the article, but it would have been 12 or more pages long if I had done that.

Anyway, the article will be up soon, and again I can't stress just how much I appreciate you guys for helping me give the community a voice in this article. <3

Comment

Working...
                    X