Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destiny Beta: GIVE YOUR FEEDBACK!

Hello ladies and gents!

Although it doesn't say it in my name just yet, I've been added to the Editorial team. I am writing a piece on the Impressions for the Destiny Beta, and would like to have the community's feedback to add to this piece to give everyone here a chance to let us know what you thought.

If you were able to hop on the Destiny Beta, we definitely want to hear from you! The cutoff for feedback in this thread will be August 6th, as I will need to gather the information you guys have given me and ship my article off to the directors by the end of that week!

Feel free to vote in the poll that is available, and you can use the format below to give your thoughts on different aspects of the game. Feel free to write as much or as little as you want. We are just wanting to know what you think!

Which platform(s) did you play destiny on?

What is your opinion on your overall Destiny Beta experience?

What is your opinion on the story missions? (Usually Vanguard)

What is your opinion on The Crucible? (Regular Matchmaking)

What is your opinion on The Iron Banner? (Tournament/Limited Time Matchmaking)

If you did any beacon missions (from Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, etc. for extra Vanguard reputation), what is your opinion on those?

What was your favorite part of the Destiny Beta?

Any other comments:
    Thanks everyone in advance for your time!
    Positive
    85.71%
    Neutral
    10.71%
    Negative
    3.57%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Zombie PMS; 07-28-2014, 02:48 PM.

♦Ardrox | Azrael | Heavenly | Keeba | Ovaryacting | Sassy | Solincia♦
    twitter | facebook | twitch

Re: Destiny Beta: GIVE YOUR FEEDBACK!

Which platform(s) did you play destiny on? PS4

What is your opinion on your overall Destiny Beta experience? It was a good experience, but leaving me hanging at level 8 and giving me these armor and weapons I can't use made me frustrated and wated more.

What is your opinion on the story missions? (Usually Vanguard) It's not bad, I wouldn't mind exploring it more

What is your opinion on The Crucible? (Regular Matchmaking) It's a lot of fun with friends, not bad, doesn't seem 1 sided even at different levels. Point system is just a bit confusing

If you did any other missions (from Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, etc.), what is your opinion on those?

What was your favorite part of the Destiny Beta? Just playing with old friends again, running around shooting, shenanigans, loot, collecting. All around it's a solid game so far. To me, from the Alpha to the Beta, they added a lot that wasn't there, so I can't wait for the full game to come out

Thank you PMS Aubie for the sig <3
    Lots of love to my cake buddy Mirage PMS <3
    Shout out to my stud H2O Salvation (he wanted me to write that)

Comment

PS4 and Xbox One. I preferred the PS4 when it came to technical things in-game. Like joining friends games or talking in a party together, it was much more smooth than the One. But i preferred the One in terms of controls, the Xbox just has that shooter controller. Although i LOVED the touchpad on PS4 being the button to open Ghost, options button on the One was clunky.

I had a BLAST. Due to a few things over this weekend i missed a good chunk of time on it, but including last weekend and this weekend i got over 60 hours of game time at least. The level cap was incredibly annoying, i was hoping they would increase it to 10 so we could at least try a couple Rare(Blue) items. The vehicles in The Crucible are pretty ridiculous as well, but they already shared the changes they're making to those.
      The Soccer and Purple ball in The Tower are hilarious, exactly what The Tower needed, other than dance parties of course.
      I was really hoping there would be some low level Shaders too (Change gear color), so we could test those out and see how they work, but no dice.

The story is something i look forward to the most. Which is different than most MMO-esque games that i usually just grab the quests do the duty and go on my way. But being a Bungie fan for so long i know the story is going to be phenomenal. One of my goals in the Beta was to get to Vanguard Rank 2, which i did not accomplish due to the issues that arose this weekend, but in doing so i farmed a LOT of beacon missions which is where you get most of the Vanguard Reputation. They were a lot of fun, a lot of Bungie humor thrown in the names of the missions.

SO GOOD. I can't wait to try different maps. I think one of my only gripes is that the Flags on some of these maps are not placed very well. On Venus for example holding C and B is far superior than A and B, same with the map on Mars, A is kind of out of the way of everything and not evenly placed, i've won lost games because we were able to push them out of C spawn and take over from there. The vehicles too ah mah gah so damn OP. I say that but i did take them and probably anger some people lol.
      My best game was on Venus though, 43 kills and over 8,000 points, all weapons and specials no vehicles haha.

Once i finally got a good Auto Rifle i was all for Iron Banner. It's really fun to go in and try to compare how your gear is to others, and complain about how much armor the enemy Titan has haha. I can't wait to try this at level 20 with legendary/exotic gear and see how it really goes.

If you did any other missions (from Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, etc.), what is your opinion on those?

They don't have any specific "missions." Yes there are beacon missions where you'll hear the leader of the Cults and tell you to pick things up, but you still receive only Vanguard Reputation when you complete them. The beacon missions are all pretty basic things, kill things in this area, kill things and collect what they drop, go here and kill this guy, go here and scout this area.

That it's finally almost here. That it was finally in my hands and i got to see a small glimpse of my Destiny.
      But i think most of all was Saturday when they opened up the Moon. It was only one mission which sucked yeah, but if you just broke off from the mission and started exploring, i explored well over an hour, going deep inside the Moon and finding enemies we haven't gotten to see in the beta yet. There were even 2 gold chests that you could find. The green Fallen are awesome looking!

There's no questions about Free roam and Public Events!!!
      Free roaming and exploring was probably the activity i did the most. PSA!: The loot chests and spinmetal make shiny sounds when they're nearby. Hard to hear on TV speakers, but if you wear a headset then you can hear them well. I must've collected hundreds of loot chests, it was so fun rolling around killing dreggs and all of a sudden you hear a shiny sounds "I HEAR SOMETHING" as you proceed to jump around looking everywhere. In doing a lot of exploring i ended up doing a good handfull of public events. Some really easy, some damn near impossible. In the RocketYard an Elder Fallen would spawn with shields and gobs and gobs of health, have to kill him before he gets away. Well his shield is probably thousands of health, and you'd get it down for like 10 seconds and then he'd instantly get it back again. Never actually completed that one. I really liked the "Protect this satellite (or w/e it is)" that was in the Skywatch. Waves of enemies coming at you over and over again, each wave having stronger and more enemies each time until the end you're not trying to kill anything just stay alive lol. In the Rocketyard an even began that said "Enemies are sending waves against each other..." and i'm talking almost 10 minutes of continuous enemies, but it was awesome because we found a spawn point for the Hive, and there were probably 4 or 5 Titans there, one would special and make orbs, another would special and make orbs, i'd special and make orbs and pick up their orbs and be able to special again almost instantly. I got a TON of items from that, including a couple best-in-beta scout rifles. I made a video of it too but still need to throw it on youtube.
      Last edited by SkywalkerX; 07-28-2014, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Which platform(s) did you play destiny on?Xbox one and PS4

What is your opinion on your overall Destiny Beta experience?Even though xbox had issues which isn't destiny's fault i had a blast playing with friends and by myself. I couldn't enough of the game cant wait for 9/9/14.

What is your opinion on the story missions? (Usually Vanguard) i loved the story and how open the world is to where you can go back through the maps and find collectables and loot later on. I also like the random events that happen that you can participate in while playing.

What is your opinion on The Crucible? (Regular Matchmaking) i didnt play all that much of either multi player but when i did i enjoyed it when i played with friends

What was your favorite part of the Destiny Beta? the option to go around and just explore i have always like that about rpg's and im glad that they put it in this one so you can do missions and explore while searching for loot and or collectables.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O SkywalkerX View Post

They don't have any specific "missions." Yes there are beacon missions where you'll hear the leader of the Cults and tell you to pick things up, but you still receive only Vanguard Reputation when you complete them. .
          I probably should have clarified beacon missions. Will edit now. It was early this morning when I wrote this up. lol

Comment

xbox 360

As short as every mission was, as bland as the environment was, as empty as every cave was, fact was it was a beta so I understood everything was incomplete, but nonetheless I enjoyed playing it. It was something different that wasn't another typical military FPS game. I wasn't buying into the hype of Destiny, but after enjoying the beta I will be planning to pre-order the game.

They were bland, boring, and just not interesting. Oh and they were incredibly short, even with the difficulty set to hard and if I played solo. I'm hoping that the other story missions in the final game version will be something else other than the stay-here-and-defend type.

It could be fun at times, but can be pretty annoying most times due to the fact that the winner will always be the one with the better gear. There were many times where I out strafed and was more accurate than my enemy, but my gun tickled his shields. If story gear were completely removed from matchmaking the game would be so much better.

Everything I said above times ten. In normal matchmaking the game did its best to pair you against people with similar gear as you. This wasn't the case in Iron Banner so matchmaking was even more difficult and flat out useless unless you have farmed for good equipment.

If you did any beacon missions (from Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, etc. for extra Vanguard reputation), what is your opinion on those?
            They were extremely boring and it took me longer trying to find where to go compared to how long it took me to complete the missions.

The gameplay. As mediocre as the story was, the fun gameplay had me playing the game further. As much as I farmed for better gear I never got bored with the same enemies and mini-boss battles.
            Much love to all my sisters Mercy, SammichMakr, RebelChick, Dinosaur, Azula.
            And just as much love to my kohai, Rabbit.

Comment

Xbox One

I LOVED IT. I was a little worried at first that it might have too much Activision influence and be more like Call of Duty. After playing the beta, I am soooo excited for it to release already.

They were just really short. I know it's a beta so you're not going to get much right now, but I would have liked to see more development. Usually if a game doesn't have a real good story I play it a couple times but never touch it again.

Well, I only got to play one match and I was at level 2... So as you can imagine that didn't go too well for me. Haha. I'll definitely give it another try once the game actually comes out and I am able to have better gear.

Xbox/Destiny was all messed up when I tried.

They were just really short.

My sweet dance moves. Haha. I liked getting to explore the map and finding loot. Trying to run my way into caves with unknown level enemies that killed me with one hit/shot was fun too.
              Last edited by MissMillikitten; 07-28-2014, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Whoever voted Negative on their beta experience in the poll, I would love to hear what you have to say! <3

Comment

Bump!

Let's get more feedback, lovelies! <3

Comment

Xbox One and Xbox 360

I have a complicated relationship with the Destiny Beta. On one hand it gave me access to a game that I hope to enjoy on launch, on the other it allowed me time to consider the various pros and cons of the project. Over all I would say that it was a beneficial and informative experience. Enjoyable at times. Frustrating at others. I learned quite a bit as I explored both PvE and PvP as extensively as both time and patience would allow. It's a shame that it couldn't have been longer.

Speaking on the story missions, there are two sides of the matter: how the missions played and how well the storytelling drew me in.

First: the play experience. The missions played as well as one would expect from a AAA game studio with as much experience and success that Bungie has managed. There were no glitches that I noticed, the missions were reasonably well paced, the bosses presented just enough challenge to make the finale pack a bit of punch. Though, with a project as ambitious as Destiny, a few questions come to mind:

-Excluding change of scenery and enemy swaps, how much variety may players expect in missions?

-Will the bosses be compelling enough to make the finales fun to play over and over again?

-Will the game offer new challenges that extend beyond the usual: Move from point A to point B and kill everything on your way?

Some might argue that most MMOs or MMO inspired works are based around the grind. That people are willing to do the same missions over and over, the same activities time and time again all for the sake of advancement. But this is not a triumph of design as much as it is a testament of the want to be “better” than before. To have more gear and so forth. But should the project rely on that drive, that addiction in order to make the 10 year goal seem tenable?

It's not that the missions are necessarily boring. But it becomes readily apparent that players are going through the motions of a Bungie title. Exotic locations, crazy looking monsters, enough ammo to make the monsters dead. It works, but it's not terribly inspiring view of the long haul. The bosses are the spices which flavor this competent but (so far) predictable meal. Let's hope they keep us wanting more.

Second: The story telling. Looking at what has been presented so far, Destiny offers a story that is dull and uninspired. To that point, I cannot tell if Destiny aims to be Science Fiction or Science Fantasy. It has all of the dressings of Science Fiction, but so far none of the substance. The narrative offers little in the way of interesting or thoughtful questions that make for good Science Fiction. Instead it begins with a looming and ominous dark that for whatever reason threatens all life that remains on Earth. After the Speaker finally got through droning on about it, I couldn't help but wonder, “So what?”

An amorphous threat only works if it has a reason to be as such. The Speaker made “the darkness” particularly uninteresting due to the strategic “omissions” he made along the way. A great battle, the Traveler being crippled, etc. It's all too typical and frankly, very familiar territory for Bungie. Unfortunately, even the running narrative provided by Peter Dinklage did little to make the story more interesting. He simply acted to reinforce what had already been said and provide a few more details to fill in the gaps. After a while I began to tune him out.

I do hope that there is more to the story than meets the eye. If Bungie is holding their best cards, they would do well to play them sooner (in the final release) rather than later.

As it stands, The Crucible is horribly unbalanced. Between the vehicles and the weapons, there was little in the way of genuine competition to be had.

The guns: If you've got the right gun, you dominate. If you've got the wrong gun, you get dominated. After a few days of playing the Beta, I came to realize that the three dominant guns included: the Cydonia AR3, the Shingen C and the Tengoku FR3 (or 2 I forget what the designation was). Snipers and Heavy weapons are indeed powerful, but you see them a whole lot less often than the guns mentioned above.

I began playing PvP with the Jigoku SR3 as my primary. I had some good games, I had some truly awful games. Then I switched to the Cydonia AR3. Almost immediately, things began to change. I would win gun fights that I had no business winning, my K/D was consistently high and I felt no danger when facing my opponents. After a while it began to feel like the only people capable of killing me at optimal range were(excluding vehicles, heavy weapons and supers) people who had one of the three dominant guns.

Now I imagine that these guns will not always be dominant, but I am confident that other (more powerful) guns will take their place and the balance discrepancy will remain.

Vehicles: Just too powerful and easy to use. I'm not a big vehicle person and I easily made use of them if and when I felt like it. They are even more powerful early game when players have limited options to deal with them.

The same issues mentioned about The Crucible are persistent and worse here. The strong are stronger and the guns matter all that much more. When I was playing with my friends I'd find myself saying, “Hah, he didn't know about my Cydonia.”

Outside of their utility in helping players navigate new spaces for the first time, these missions were not very interesting. Fetch and kill quests, they've all been done to death. This might not be a fair criticism due to the form, but I guess they just weren't for me.

Getting to play with my friends. Without them the experience was less entertaining.

Any other comments:
                    There is no doubt that I'm still going to buy this game. However, I'm a bit more reserved with my hype.
                    The Murderous Legion: Mirage, Ovary, Callisto, Zombie, Righty, Cloud

Comment

Thank you for your feedback so far guys.

One week left to get your input in!

Comment

-Xbox One

-I Loved the experience of playing Destiny. All through middle school and a bit of high school I played World of Warcraft. The amount of time and energy I spent on playing that game, im amazed at what drew me to play it. I think about some of the more memorable things I did, and it was almost always with friends. When the AQ gates opened up, or making a Twink with guild friends and joining the BG's as a team. Leveling up to 60 on my warrior, and running UBRS 30+ times to get Valor shoulders. And then entering the Portal, and playing through all the expansions. Needless to say, I loved WoW. And ever since then, I have been looking for a game that draws me in as much as WoW did. Im not saying that Destiny is or will be Perfect, but I can definitely see it getting close.

- The Story missions were fun. I really enjoyed learning and experiencing that first part of the game. Understanding is a big part for me in any story, and I feel that they did a good job on getting me up to speed in the beginning.

-The Crucible was one of my more Favorite things to do. But, it was only enjoyable when I had friends with me. Going into a random game by myself, I felt frustrated with the lack of communication, and having people around me who didn't know what they were doing.

-First time I did an Iron Banner event, I ended with a K/D of 3.2. I was nervous that it would be difficult, and that I would would walk away discouraged. But after that first game, it was quite the opposite. I LOVED the crucible, and enjoyed it very much. The gear giving me an advantage, pushed me to want to go out and get all the better gear that I could!

- The Beacon missions were not very enjoyable for me. It was repetitious, and boring. Playing WoW back in Vanilla, I understood grinding and farming for Rep. But I want other ways of getting Rep. In WoW you can now use Tabards for certain reputations, and run dungeons to earn Rep.. Implementing something like that would save me some headache

- What I use to describe it, is that its Halo & Warcraft together. Obviously its not, but I loved Halo and WoW. I played both of them religiously. And seeing a game that has elements of both of those games, it gets me very excited and eager to play the game.

Any other comments:
                        Im so excited for this game, and hope that other people feel the same way I do. As for my grades in school this semester... I fear for them

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Gangsterism View Post
                          Im so excited for this game, and hope that other people feel the same way I do. As for my grades in school this semester... I fear for them
                          Gotta find that balance, buddy.

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Four days! If you have feedback, get it in!

Comment

Working...
                              X