• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playstation 4 or xbox one

I am going to get the Xbox One.

Comment

Did make the change late last year for competitive COD from PS3 to XBOX however I really am no looking to get both consoles anytime soon.. so If I had to pick one its going to be a PS4 ^-^ However I will prob skip the launch.. get Ghosts on PS3 and go the $10 carry over up grade to PS4 early next year

Comment

Playstation 4 always I tried the xbox route didn't work for me dosen't feel same I just didn't like xbox community like playstation.
        sigpic
        PMS CaLi Girl :mvpmsh2o: H2O Triceology
        My Homies H2O Mad Killah , H2O EssenceOf-a-G and H2O MajorBeast

Comment

Picking up the PS4 solely because of budget this year, the Xbox One is way overpriced.
          Lots of love for my PMS R051in.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Lansis View Post
            Well, specs-wise, the PS4 has the Xbox One beat hands down. They both have 8GB of RAM, but the PS4 has GDDR5, whereas the Xbone only has DDR3. The processors are both 8 core AMDs, but the PS4s is a better model of AMD. I.e. they aren't using the same AMD model and the PS4's is a beefier model. Graphics, the PS4 is using "AMD Radeon Graphics Core Next engine w/ 1152 shaders " and the Xbox is using "853 MHz AMD Radeon GPU w/ 768 shaders," which means PS4 will be much more capable in the graphics department.

Peak graphics: 1.84 TeraFLOPS/s for the PS4, 1.31 TeraFLOPS/s for the Xbone. They will both come stock with 500 GB hard drives. The PS4 will not require mandatory game installs, whereas the Xbone will, which means that your memory will be used up much, much, much, much faster on the Xbone. Neither unit will be backward compatible. The Xbox will definitely have voice command capability, whereas the PS4 has not announced yet whether or not they will. They have the same HDMI port/capability. They are both Blu-ray players. The PS4 will cost $400, whereas the Xbone will cost $500.

If you're looking at specs alone, there is no logical reason the Xbox should be an extra $100. You're getting less of a gaming console for an 25% extra cost, you're simply paying for the magic premium that is attached to the console because it has "Microsoft" written on it. That's just my opinion, but to look at it objectively, the Xbox matches the specs of the PS4 in a couple of miniscule departments while being inferior to the PS4 in all other departments (the major departments).

Subjectively, despite Microsoft renigging on their "always on," "DRM," and "mandatory Kinect" features, I'm still left with a poor taste in my mouth from that. To me, it displayed that Microsoft wants even more of your money and they're in it more for their own interests than they are for making a quality console. I predict that Xbox will innovate new ways to compensate for the profit they would have made from the DRM move they recanted. They'll think of something clever and they'll wait until you've invested time and money into their console so that they can "have you by the cajones," so to say. Again, these are my opinions. I may get the Xbox One later down the road, but you can believe I'll be playing BF4 on PS4. I personally have no interest in Halo or Gears of War, so I'm in a good position to pick sides.
            I agree, if it's a question of hardware Sony has the better console without a doubt. I don't play consoles anymore but I used to like Sony more for different reasons. I owned an Xbox at one point in time. As for non hardware.. Exclusive titles and online features are big to most console gamers, I know it was for me. It's really up in the air for people if this is a factor both have great features and exclusives.

Formerly known as Stryder on the PMS/H20 Forums

Comment

Right. Ultimately, it's going to boil down to this:

Xbone: 500 for the exclusivity of Gears of War and Halo and lower quality hardware

PS4: 400 for better hardware, exclusivity to Gods of War or Resistance.

Personally, I've never cared for any of the 4 titles mentioned above, so the answer is obvious for me.

Comment

I have pre-ordered the xbox one. So I hope it's good.

PMS Girl Power ~ Tes ~ O Yes Im A Girl

PMS Pyroarcher and PMS Amethyst are my little sisters x
                A woman never says what she wants, but reserves the right to be hacked off is she doesn't get it!

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Mexican View Post
                  This is a debate that can go on for days. Me personally i love the Xbox but i will be getting the PS4 due to what i've heard and seen so far. I'll eventually get both but for my first it will be 4.
                  I'm on the same page as Mexican. Probably wont get either right away though due to money.

Clan parents: PMS Cougar& Freemann H2O
                  Love my Sisters: PanicMoon | Skittles|AgentCoke|Star
                  Much Love to my H2O: H2O Sparda! ♥

Comment

I wont be choosing a console over the graphics and specs. For me its a matter of which console has the better games. In my opinion its Microsoft.

Signature credit to Chaser :mvboogie:

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Lansis View Post
                      Well, specs-wise, the PS4 has the Xbox One beat hands down. They both have 8GB of RAM, but the PS4 has GDDR5, whereas the Xbone only has DDR3. The processors are both 8 core AMDs, but the PS4s is a better model of AMD. I.e. they aren't using the same AMD model and the PS4's is a beefier model. Graphics, the PS4 is using "AMD Radeon Graphics Core Next engine w/ 1152 shaders " and the Xbox is using "853 MHz AMD Radeon GPU w/ 768 shaders," which means PS4 will be much more capable in the graphics department.

Peak graphics: 1.84 TeraFLOPS/s for the PS4, 1.31 TeraFLOPS/s for the Xbone. They will both come stock with 500 GB hard drives. The PS4 will not require mandatory game installs, whereas the Xbone will, which means that your memory will be used up much, much, much, much faster on the Xbone. Neither unit will be backward compatible. The Xbox will definitely have voice command capability, whereas the PS4 has not announced yet whether or not they will. They have the same HDMI port/capability. They are both Blu-ray players. The PS4 will cost $400, whereas the Xbone will cost $500.

If you're looking at specs alone, there is no logical reason the Xbox should be an extra $100. You're getting less of a gaming console for an 25% extra cost, you're simply paying for the magic premium that is attached to the console because it has "Microsoft" written on it. That's just my opinion, but to look at it objectively, the Xbox matches the specs of the PS4 in a couple of miniscule departments while being inferior to the PS4 in all other departments (the major departments).

Subjectively, despite Microsoft renigging on their "always on," "DRM," and "mandatory Kinect" features, I'm still left with a poor taste in my mouth from that. To me, it displayed that Microsoft wants even more of your money and they're in it more for their own interests than they are for making a quality console. I predict that Xbox will innovate new ways to compensate for the profit they would have made from the DRM move they recanted. They'll think of something clever and they'll wait until you've invested time and money into their console so that they can "have you by the cajones," so to say. Again, these are my opinions. I may get the Xbox One later down the road, but you can believe I'll be playing BF4 on PS4. I personally have no interest in Halo or Gears of War, so I'm in a good position to pick sides.
                      Looks pretty biased to me.. but how can anyone be blamed after Microsoft pulled some bad PR and then tucked in their tail to do a gradual 180.. and then even made the Kinect no longer necessary for the Xbox One to function.. I know this left a foul taste in many mouths... But I was over-joyed, excited when they announced the removal of the strict DRM policies..

I was a Playstation guy from the beginning, but never a true fanboy.. I just collected any and all consoles for collector's sake.. haha..

After the downfall of Sega (which put me in a somewhat depression), the Xbox kind of became a spiritual surrogate successor to me for several great Sega titles that released only on the original Xbox at the time.

And then Xbox 360 sealed the relationship I had for all of last gen pretty much.. I still bought a PS3, but only for certain exclusives I really wanted to play. However, all other games and multi-platform games were bought on the Xbox 360 only.

I find the current argument about the PS4 being up to 30% more powerful than the Xbox One to be laughable and void.. Look at the power difference between the Xbox 360 and PS3 (more than 30% hardware difference, albeit the PS3 having an asinine system architecture that devs cried about it being too hard to develop for). And lo and behold, the Xbox 360 pretty much dominated the market for the last 7 years (not taking Wii into the picture here); but that market share has shifted over the last couple years and is at about equal.

This time the hardware difference is marginal at best.. It will be up to the devs ability to make the best use of the tools available to them.

The only 2 somewhat major differences between the PS4 and Xbox One is the RAM and the GPU.. While the PS4 has high bandwidth fast 8GB GDDR5 (may cause much higher latency between GPU and CPU bus, but can process more data at once); the Xbox One has 8GB DDR3 (lower bandwidth potential, but better for general purpose computing at lower latency). Microsoft added in ESRAM to counter its lack of bus bandwidth, albeit it only being a 32MB buffer, it will be interesting to see how Devs can utilize this ESRAM in practical use.

So the RAM isn't the biggest issue here.. The bigger problem is the Xbox One's weaker AMD GPU they opted for.. only 768 shaders as opposed to PS4's 1152 shaders. The clockspeeds are drastically different too..

As for the CPU's.. Both are AMD made. The PS4's CPU is currently estimated at 1.6GHz, while the Xbox One's CPU was just confirmed to be increased to 1.75GHz. There are rumors floating around that the PS4's CPU could be operating at 2GHz.. but not confirmed.

So yeah, graphics will be a marginal difference here.. Probably only as marginally different as Xbox 360 was to PS3.. But not by far.. And if the PS4 really is that much more powerful, I doubt we'll begin to see much better looking games on PS4 that will trump Xbox One in visual fidelity for a good while yet.

While I agree that Xbox One is over-priced.. It does include an extra accessory.. Nevertheless, I'm not here to argue the price, that point is a little more mute in my mind..

In the end, it still comes down to software and functionality to me... I much more preferred the Xbox 360 dashboard to the PS3's XMB dashboard.. Just personal preference.. Not saying the XMB was bad.. But the lack and inability of Sony to add in Party voice chat and cross game chat kind of sucked big time.. Only PS Vita has such a feature at this time.

I have neither of the nextgen consoles preordered at this time.. But I will end up getting both a PS4 and Xbox One down the road.. Hopefully by end of year..
                      Big high-five to my good friend & partner: Rabbit PMS
                      Xbox Live: Zero Sonico X | PSN: Xeriak | Twitter: @SonicoH2O | Sonico H2O on Raptr | Sonico H2O's Twitch

Comment

Yeah, everything spec-wise is all speculation and what MS and Sony have released. We won't know which is better until they're actually released and some third party does some benchmark-ing on them. There is also the issue of console optimization, which should be a little less noticeable since they have relatively the same architecture, but there are software features/tricks that could allow one to run games better than the other.
                        tomorrow (noun) - a mystical land where 99% of all human
                        productivity, motivation, and achievement is stored.

Stream | YouTube | Thanks for signature Chaser!

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Yogurt View Post
                          Yeah, everything spec-wise is all speculation and what MS and Sony have released. We won't know which is better until they're actually released and some third party does some benchmark-ing on them. There is also the issue of console optimization, which should be a little less noticeable since they have relatively the same architecture, but there are software features/tricks that could allow one to run games better than the other.
                          Exactly! Couldn't think of this earlier, but this makes the most sense.
                          Big high-five to my good friend & partner: Rabbit PMS
                          Xbox Live: Zero Sonico X | PSN: Xeriak | Twitter: @SonicoH2O | Sonico H2O on Raptr | Sonico H2O's Twitch

Comment

Working...
                          X