Re: Am I being selfish or just?

Originally posted by PMS Deadly Star View Post
    I'm 17 and I don't let adults drive my car....lol :mvclap:
    Not even your parents or grandparents?

Big Bro: Dink H2O (clown)

Comment

Originally posted by k1d 650 View Post
      How else is the guy supposed to learn? If he is your partner you should be able to trust him. Yes, accidents happen, but why not practice in an empty parking lot like every other kid starts out in?
      When I was 16/17 my friend Lauren let her boyfriend of 3 years learn to drive her car in a parking lot. It was a straight drive, and he had his own car and had been driving a whileee, he ended up hitting a pole and totalling her car. Insurance slapped her a huge H*** NO, and she was out of a BMW... and he had a black eye and busted mouth.

I was with my bf for 4 years when I needed to learn to drive... he wouldn't let me drive his car. Not because he didn't trust me but because he didn't want his vehicle ruined from an accident and saftey reasons.

I had no one to teach me... so I put my big girl panties on, went out and got on my grampas tractor in a field and taught myself. Wanna talk about some hectic gear shifting? X_X

If you're old enough to drive, you're old enough to respect someone when they say no, and move on and find another way...

From 14-16 I worked my butt off to buy my own car... I was ready for the roads lmao..

PSNXBLtwitterfacebook
      ♪♫ I saw the devil today... and he looked a lot like me. ♫♪

Comment

It is selfish, but let him sign up for a diving school in which he gets 8 hours of instructed driving.
        I'll miss you all

Comment

Its not selfish at all and if he doesn't understand your point of view (which is totally correct btw) then he has a lot of maturing to do.

--- > PMS Halo Podcast May 2012 < ---
          .:. <3 Big Sisters PMS Socks & PMS Lollicake .:.
          .:. <3 Little Sister PMS Mars .:.

Comment

Originally posted by PMS KULiiA View Post
            Its not selfish at all and if he doesn't understand your point of view (which is totally correct btw) then he has a lot of maturing to do.
            You can't really base maturity off someone's opinion

Comment

my first car and is still mine was a 1985 ford ranger 4 wheel drive wit mud tires on it if yall want yall can come down to ga and i'll sell it too yall for 1,000 $ all itneed is new distributor and maybe new tires

I would like to say I love this clan and everyone in it
              lil bros:zoombunnie

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Obsidian View Post
                Not even your parents or grandparents?
                Nope. My dad doesn't even have his liscense lol.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Obsidian View Post
                  You can't really base maturity off someone's opinion
                  Maturity is having the ability to understand and respect someone else's opinion although you may not agree with it. And since she mentioned he "blames" her for this problem and is guilt tripping her (instead of respecting her decision) he is not demonstrating a high level of maturity.
                  Last edited by PMS KULiiA; 01-28-2012, 07:00 PM.

--- > PMS Halo Podcast May 2012 < ---
                  .:. <3 Big Sisters PMS Socks & PMS Lollicake .:.
                  .:. <3 Little Sister PMS Mars .:.

Comment

Originally posted by PMS KULiiA View Post
                    Maturity is having the ability to understand and respect someone else's opinion although you may not agree with it. And since she mentioned he "blames" her for this problem and is guilt tripping her (instead of respecting her decision) he is not demonstrating a high level of maturity.
                    He can be immature for that, but before you said he was for his point of view and not understanding hers

Comment

You bought the car. You registered the car. If it was a $200 car or a $20000 car, it's yours. Being a relatively young driver, I suppose this sounds somewhat callous, but I am not a driving school. My car is not a classroom. It is my means to earn money, and until I am absolutely confident that they can drive it with no accidents, there's no way this side of the grass that anyone is driving it.

That being said, I would gladly teach someone how to drive on my van. It's old, but it's sturdy, and I definitely wouldn't be leaving a low traffic neighbourhood until they're driving is to a standard that I would feel safe with.

That's my 2 bits.

TM

Many thanks to PMS FatalKisses for the beautiful Sig!
                      PMS Zombrex's H2O <3

Comment

I think it depends on what kind of person you are, i would do anything for my girlfriend and if she wanted to learn to drive in my car/practice i would happily let her/help her. Like i said before though my car is only worth 2k so i would have no problem letting her drive it, if it was a 17k car i might be different but i doubt it very much.

On the other hand if i did say NO, i would expect her to be cool with that and understand the reason for me saying no. Like i said it all depends what kind of person you are.. I'm the kind of person that doesn't give a shizzle it's only money/a car at the end of the day.
                        Last edited by X Trigger I; 01-29-2012, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by k1d 650 View Post
                          How else is the guy supposed to learn? If he is your partner you should be able to trust him. Yes, accidents happen, but why not practice in an empty parking lot like every other kid starts out in?
                          Um, how about driving lessons in a car he IS insured with?

It's not a matter of trust, she might trust him 100% but another driver could easily cause the accident and she would still get in trouble. And Trigger, you says it's just a car to you but if her car is the only way for her to get to work or do other important things then it's a pretty important thing and losing it could be devastating.

Comment

I was born with legs for a reason, like i said it depends on what kind of person you're. I'm happy to walk/ride the bus/catch a train/get a lift if the worst happened. That's me.. not everyone is the same. I'm not saying she's selfish.. and i understand where she's coming from.
                            Last edited by X Trigger I; 01-29-2012, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O X Trigger I View Post
                              I was born with legs for a reason, like i said it depends on what kind of person you're. I'm happy to walk/ride the bus/catch a train/get a lift if the worst happened. That's me.. not everyone is the same. I'm not saying she's selfish.. and i understand where she's coming from.
                              Exactly. I am.
                              Come raise your lantern to the sky. Can we illuminate this night? We'll dance like heathens 'round a flame. While the world sleeps, we are awake.

Comment

haha

Comment

Working...
                                X