Am I being selfish or just?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I being selfish or just?

I own a 17 thousand dollar vehicle, my partner needs his license he has had literally no vehicle experience whatsoever and is blaming me for not being able to practice, because he could have used my car.

I quite frankly wouldn't even allow my father to drive my car unless it was an emergency. So I don't want an inexperienced driver practicing in my car, since if he got into an accident since he's not a driver and his name isn't on my vehicle or if we got pulled over, I could get in a lot of trouble.

He doesn't seem to understand this and pretty blamed me for him having no driving experience. I'm rather upset, am I being fair?
    I'm only human, I've got a skeleton in me

I'll stop the whole world from turning into a monster, and eating us alive

Re: Am I being selfish or just?

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%! I would not let just anyone drive my car/truck especially if that person has no driving experience cause your paying for the car and the insurance. It ( to me ) basically comes down to trust. Do you trust him not drive your car and not screw it up. I wouldn't let him practice unless your in the car with him and ya'll are practicing together and very low traffic neighborhood and then go to major streets and so forth. It all about trust and your level of comfort.

I had a best friend that didn't let anyone drive his car cause it was stick until one night he was drunk and told me that he couldn't drive. So far I am the only one that has drivin his car and that was a one time thing! lol

Comment

if u are in the car with him yall wont get in trouble but the whole in exprience thing is a good legit reason not to let him drive it but yall can try and get a used car for him too learn to drive with like a small truck or somthing he could get some exprience and it would be cheaper to repair wrecked or if it breaksdown this way when he gets to where he can get some exprience and yall wont have to worry

I would like to say I love this clan and everyone in it
      lil bros:zoombunnie

Comment

I can't really comment as i don't own a 17k car, i would let him practice in my 2k 1.0 Peugeot though :P

Comment

I would NOT let him drive. I mean yeah, he could turn out to be the best driver ever, accidents still happen no matter who you are.

PSNXBLtwitterfacebook
          ♪♫ I saw the devil today... and he looked a lot like me. ♫♪

Comment

I don't think it's selfish, I know I wouldn't let him drive it.
            sigpic
            <3 Gallow|Paine <3 :mvsuprisehug:

Comment

How else is the guy supposed to learn? If he is your partner you should be able to trust him. Yes, accidents happen, but why not practice in an empty parking lot like every other kid starts out in?
              Come raise your lantern to the sky. Can we illuminate this night? We'll dance like heathens 'round a flame. While the world sleeps, we are awake.

Comment

I don't think that's being selfish at all, your friend is just trying to manipulate you into getting what he wants and blaming you for his own issues. My brother got screwed over big time letting a friend drive his car. His friend ended up flipping it and it was totaled, insurance wouldn't cover it and he was out a car. If he wants to learn he can take lessons like everybody else or buy a clunker to practice on.

Comment

It's so not selfish. My mom has an expensive-ish car. She would only let me drive in the country, seeing as how there's not near as many people in the country on the roads.
                  Team blue means my son Devon Colt Grindstaff is due 9/21/2014. I am 24 weeks

Comment

God gave us,hands and feet he can use those to buy a cheep car thats wut I did.
                    Much Love My Big Bro Yogurt |Cassie | Guerrilla| PMS Socks|AtR iBeast |ZooBaby |schmoopy ♥H2O Shortbus ♥H2O peng peng ♥

Comment

Uh. HECK NO! If anything, I would say he needs to get insurance. I know I wouldn't allow any of my friends to drive my car, I barely allow family most of the time. My car was like 10k-12k, not sure, my grandpa payed it off, but now he can't drive anymore so I get it

Comment

If I can ever be able to drive again, I wouldn't let hardly anyone drive my car.
                        Team blue means my son Devon Colt Grindstaff is due 9/21/2014. I am 24 weeks

Comment

I agree with Kid.

Comment

That's probably how most parents feel about kids driving their cars, but it depends on how much you trust him. Like Kid said, try finding an empty parking lot or somewhere without a lot of other people if you decide to let him practice with your car.

Big Bro: Dink H2O (clown)

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Obsidian View Post
                              That's probably how most parents feel about kids driving their cars, but it depends on how much you trust him. Like Kid said, try finding an empty parking lot or somewhere without a lot of other people if you decide to let him practice with your car.
                              I'm 17 and I don't let adults drive my car....lol :mvclap:

Comment

Working...
                              X