Scientists need your help in Halo: Reach study on teamwork and gender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scientists need your help in Halo: Reach study on teamwork and gender

The University of Colorado at Boulder is conducting a scientific study of Halo: Reach players on team dynamics within the game. The idea is to sort out, for instance, whether younger players are better lone wolves than older players, how women and men have (or do not have) different play styles, what impact playing on a real team makes on your overall in-game performance, etc. To do this, we need your help. Do it for Science.

Here's how it works: you answer some questions about yourself (demographics) and about the way you play Halo: Reach and which gamertags you play with on a simple web survey. The whole process takes about 10 minutes total. After that, if you care, we'll show you how your Halo: Reach service record stacks up against the universe of 1,000,000 other Reach players. (This is similar, but more general than the Halo Charts comparison.) If you're interested, we'll send you the results of the study when it's completed.

Participate: https://www.cs.colorado.edu/haloreach/

Prof. Aaron Clauset
    Department of Computer Science
    University of Colorado at Boulder

More about the project: https://www.cs.colorado.edu/haloreach/about

p.s. This is a legit scientific study. We do ask you to create an account on the study website, but you're free to create and use a throwaway email address (at yahoo, hotmail, gmail, whatever) specifically for this purpose. Also, please do not reuse a password from elsewhere. We're not interested. You need a valid Xbox Live gamertag and you need to have played some Halo: Reach with it (preferably your primary Halo: Reach gamertag) because part of the web survey involves information derived from your game history.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about the study and its goals.

Finally, if you're skeptical that this is legitimate, feel free to check it out yourself: google my name or read my blog.

Re: Scientists need your help in Halo: Reach study on teamwork and gender

That sounds chill. I'll be hooking you up Homie-G'z.

Comment

Well apparently, my GT doesn't exist xD

I'll go play some Reach on it, I have played it on this GT but under a different name
      sigpic
      <3 Gallow|Paine <3 :mvsuprisehug:

Comment

Originally posted by Vigilant H2O View Post
        Well apparently, my GT doesn't exist xD

I'll go play some Reach on it, I have played it on this GT but under a different name
        If bungie.net says you have a service record (like this one, for me), then we'll be able to pull up your Reach game history. For the study, it would be best if you used the GT that you typically use when you play Halo: Reach matchmaking games.

Comment

done!

:mvsuprisehug:Love to my big sister Lexie and my little sisters WhiskrBiskt and h3llch1ck! :mvsuprisehug:

Thank you Dark Ivory for the awesometastic sig!

Comment

sounds interesting

Comment

Blended courses are one of the most common types of homework in North America https://www.academicsaviour.com/bei-mei-dai-xie. It can be transformed into a hybrid course that combines the advantages of online education and traditional teaching. In a mixed curriculum, teachers usually arrange the knowledge content according to the structure of logical thinking, and then publish it, and then students need to master these content. This process needs to be completed online, no matter how long the student spends, the teacher will not limit, we only need to master the course content. Teachers and students return to traditional teaching mode. A complete process like this can be called a mixing process. Another type of online course is web-based, which is an online course. They allow teachers to use online course platforms to post their own prepared syllabus, materials, assignments and letters. Students will log into these online course tools to learn and plan at their own pace.

Comment

Working...
              X