Trying to quit smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to quit smoking

So i've been smoking for roughly 5 years now. I've been wanting to quit for a long time, but just can't seem to shake it off. I've tried the gum and the patches but it doesn't work, for me at least!

If anyone else has tried to, any tips and tricks that you could share?
    My father has the e-cig, and that seems to help him a lot. But he still smokes lol, so i dunno if i should get it or not.

Re: Trying to quit smoking

Find something to do with your hands when you get the urge. That was the biggest thing for my dad. Get a rubix cube, or take up gardening or something
    Thanks to H2O DreamEater for the awesome sig
    Much love to esgeeone PMS and PMS Retribution

Comment

Get an implant in your ear.
      Lots of love for my PMS R051in.

Comment

when i don't smoke i'm usually playing videogames lol. So there's always something in my hands you know, but i could get a rbix cube, or a stress ball :/

Comment

Nicotine gum and blowpops are my saving grace.

♥ My Sisters xCougarX▪Ruby▪TheSkittles▪Calluna▪Celeste
          ♥ Mi Amours:Agent Coke▪Star▪P1nkM1st▪Butty578▪Casper▪Born2Kill
          CLICK FOR Verti's PC STREAM

Comment

my out was sunflowerseeds and rubix cube, helps a **** ton whenever i got the urge id eat some seeds and if i didnt have any id do my cube

<3 to Piranha - Doc - Jaws - Lunchbox - Amethyst - Zealot - Damotta
            <3 To my PMS Saralishous! :d

Comment

When i quit for the first time (I started again, so this advice might not be for the best) I bought one more carton, opened all the packs, and numbered them 1-10. Pack #1&2 was a regular pack of cigs, and I tried to reduce the amount of use from 1 pack a day, to stop smoking as least as possible (those two packs lasted 4 days instead of 2) Then on packs 3&4 I cut a bit of the tip off. Same thing. 5&6 I cut off half the tobacco off. 7&8 cut a little more than half. 9&10 Cut off almost all of it (Made for 1 or 2 hits off of it)
              I controlled the amount of tobacco use to the point where my body was like, "this isn't even worth it." You should try that and tell me how it works.
              P.S. Dum-Dum pops. Your still gonna crave, but not as much. Get Dum-Dum pops. You do the same motion of raising your hand to your mouth, while adding flavor to your mouth to help stop the crave. IMO it works better than gum and rubix.
              :mvpmsh2o: Much <333 to my PMS, Victory PMS!!! :mvpmsh2o:

Comment

Walnuts are a really good alternative, you gotta get something to chew on. Man, when you stop smoking you're gonna breathe the FRESHEST air you have ever had in your life!! ahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyOnTuesdays View Post
                  When i quit for the first time (I started again, so this advice might not be for the best) I bought one more carton, opened all the packs, and numbered them 1-10. Pack #1&2 was a regular pack of cigs, and I tried to reduce the amount of use from 1 pack a day, to stop smoking as least as possible (those two packs lasted 4 days instead of 2) Then on packs 3&4 I cut a bit of the tip off. Same thing. 5&6 I cut off half the tobacco off. 7&8 cut a little more than half. 9&10 Cut off almost all of it (Made for 1 or 2 hits off of it)
                  I controlled the amount of tobacco use to the point where my body was like, "this isn't even worth it." You should try that and tell me how it works.
                  P.S. Dum-Dum pops. Your still gonna crave, but not as much. Get Dum-Dum pops. You do the same motion of raising your hand to your mouth, while adding flavor to your mouth to help stop the crave. IMO it works better than gum and rubix.
                  sounds like an interesting idea, i might have to try it out!

Comment

You know what my boyfriends mom does? Its these things called Tar Bars.. I dont think that they'll help you quit smoking but its these little plastic things you stick on the cigarette (the part you put your mouth on) And use one for like.. 4 or 5 cigs. and then you take it off and throw it away. ITS DISGUSTING seeing ALL THE TAR you're taking in. Its really nasty. It supposedly helped her breathing in a week with using them. I suggest this to anyone who can't quit smoking. I think its like.. 3 or 4 dollars she says and they come in a pack of.. Idk how many. D:
                    Sig Credit: PMS Quinn.

Comment

I have been an ex-smoker for a tad over two years now after seven years of smoking. The only way I was able to do it was by quitting drinking as well (at least for a few months). It gets better once you get past the first two or three weeks. It's kind of funny because now I can smell secondhand smoke from several rooms away and it drives me nuts because it's so nasty! It was a pain in the ass, but all that money I saved went into video games
                      Good luck to you, and keep trying...every time you try to quit the odds go up that you will succeed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by grizzly311 View Post
                        I have been an ex-smoker for a tad over two years now after seven years of smoking. The only way I was able to do it was by quitting drinking as well (at least for a few months). It gets better once you get past the first two or three weeks. It's kind of funny because now I can smell secondhand smoke from several rooms away and it drives me nuts because it's so nasty! It was a pain in the ass, but all that money I saved went into video games
                        Good luck to you, and keep trying...every time you try to quit the odds go up that you will succeed!!!
                        Give up drinking?! Jeez, haha. Dunno about that :P

Comment

Originally posted by RedFatale View Post
                          You know what my boyfriends mom does? Its these things called Tar Bars.. I dont think that they'll help you quit smoking but its these little plastic things you stick on the cigarette (the part you put your mouth on) And use one for like.. 4 or 5 cigs. and then you take it off and throw it away. ITS DISGUSTING seeing ALL THE TAR you're taking in. Its really nasty. It supposedly helped her breathing in a week with using them. I suggest this to anyone who can't quit smoking. I think its like.. 3 or 4 dollars she says and they come in a pack of.. Idk how many. D:
                          I smoke with tobacco and skins!

Comment

The first time I quit I would brush my teeth every time I got the urge to smoke. Kinda inturruped my daily routine, but I had good breath. This was successful for several years.

I just quit in January and tried everything before then. Pills made my stomach hurt, Patches gave me nightmares, gum tasted terrible and stuck to my teeth, but lozenges have helped me go from 2-3 packs a day to 0 packs a day.

I just recently started going places where I knew there were smokers, and it is really difficult, but I am determined not to start again. Air smells fresher, Food taste much better, and I do not have the odor of cigarettes on my clothing and hair.

People always told me when I smoked a cigarette because they could smell it. When I smelled it for the first time, I thought I was going to puke thinking is that the way I really smelled?

I am now tapering it down from the 4mg per Loz, to the 2 mg per loz, and granted it is not easy, and I go thru more when I am playing games, but it is better than stopping games for a smoke.

It is a lot better on the wallet ... $7.00 per pack * 3/ $21.00 per day -> $10.00 per tube of 24 which lasts 2-3 days. Soon it will be none.

Good luck, it is better to consider quitting and it is a lot better to be able to write on a medical exam sheet "Former Smoker" when you go to a doctor or to hospital.

PS: I smoked for 40 years.
                            Last edited by PMS Sickem; 07-29-2011, 10:18 AM.
                            [/SIGPIC]

May the Wind stay at your Back, and the Sun always Shine on your Face

Comment

took ya long enough! Well for me... it was just willpower. So try to keep yourself away from your "fags" and you'll be fine. Especially when you randomly go afk just to buy some fags.
                              ps- fags are cigs if you don't know. he always calls em fags...

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."
                              - Mahatma Ghandi.
                              Jersey Strong | Restore the Shore

Comment

Working...
                              X