actual rules during practice??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• actual rules during practice??????

I'm just curious as to what the rules, if any, apply to clan practices whether in private or ranked games. When i joined a clan i thought a majority of the players would play no BS rules (i.e. no tubes, no rockets, no camping, etc) but what i seem to run into is nothing but BS. i mean i understand its just fun and practice but how can someone show their skills or consistently get better if they have to constantly hide bc of, in my opinion, "childish tactics". I was just wondering what ya'lls thought on this subject is and if there is a certain standard we are supposed to play by.

Re: actual rules during practice??????

Well I guess it's different in each division. In our practices we have a no tubes/oma rule etc.

Comment

All practices have some general rules to follow (respect to all players, no glitching, no trash talking etc.).
      Basic Rules expected to be followed are HERE. This link is also in a PS3 recruitment sticky - HERE

I can say for the Xbox side of things at least, when it comes down to what is actually done/played in practice it is up to the practice captain.
      Some practices maybe a bit more on the social fun side of life - where you find goofy things like all tubes or all knifes sometimes.
      Other practices may be run with a more competitive/skill improvement goal in mind (where specific maps are reviewed, specific perks or gun specifications may be required etc).

You may want to switch it up if you are attending the same practices every week. You can try going to another scheduled practice with a different captain who may run his two hours a bit differently than what you have experienced so far.
      Last edited by BoogieBaby; 09-28-2010, 08:32 PM.

Love to my Little Sisters HuggieBean, Poutyness & Sabbi
      Hugs for my Big Sisters Harlequin & Blue Rose - Peanut Butter luvin' for LackOfSkill:mvgiggle:

Comment

I use general practice as more of a time to get to know everyone and have fun while playing the game. Then you have your small teams practice as more of a chance to get better as an actual team

aKa HeaDRusH
        R6V2 MLG Pro - 2008 (San Diego)
        CoD4 MLG Semi-Pro - 2008 (Vegas)
        It's not who remembers you, its why they remember you.

Comment

ok, i dont mind if ppl use tubes. specific modes are fun and i enjoy them but when its a normal game and thats all that u see flying everywhere, its just annoying and shows no skill. i may be wrong and if i am, i apologize. but i personally dont see the point or fun in it.

Comment

i would like to agree with you. maybe dom ground war is ok for tubes. but any type of real game type like small 6/6 or tact 4/4 i dont thing the team should tube.

it does not show skill but cheese game play and that we need to use this to win. i would like to see real game play and earn it the right way. easy thing too about the black ops...we can check the file share...if someone sits in the same spot for more than 20 seconds, i consider camp. and if you tube i just dont like it at all. plus i dont use the tubes on black ops. its lame...and thats all IMO

game on

Comment

i try to enforce the basic rules set by the clan, to a certain extent. when i host practice, i'll let them do whatever they want to do, it's their choice of play style, all in all its in the name of good fun. Unless it's practice for a higher level of competition other than pubs, then i don't see why there should be ANY limits on the play style you choose. Main aspect of the rules though, in my eyes, is not to drag the name of pms and h2o through mud and to maintain a standard above those who would lower themselves to personal attacks whilst playing online.

Comment

The only way I can be positive is by using tactics which I thought were ingenious... ie camping and tubing. But they are childish??? You totally poppped my im-awesome-at-these-games bubble! *tear*

Comment

Originally posted by Nistrams View Post
                  The only way I can be positive is by using tactics which I thought were ingenious... ie camping and tubing. But they are childish??? You totally poppped my im-awesome-at-these-games bubble! *tear*
                  ok tubing?! that's you lost me... I hate tubers... no offense

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."
                  - Mahatma Ghandi.
                  Jersey Strong | Restore the Shore

Comment

i love to tube.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O CptDownie View Post
                      i love to tube.
                      Yeah downie I learned that first hand -_-

- Mahatma Ghandi.

Comment

tubes and rpgs, whilst camping in a corner <333333333 then if you're lucky i'll spawn trap you with a sniper :]

Comment

When I play MW2 I camp like a mother****** useing nothing but a GL (Noob Tube as you all call it) One Man Army and Claymores, and I do it with pride. That's my skill, hate if you want. Now I wanna play.
                          sigpic

My nerdy PMS- PMS buckeye_chick
                          My Little Bros - H2O EvilStitch-H2O Zaybabii
                          Miss my Little Sis -PMS Origins

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Major-Pwnage View Post
                            When I play MW2 I camp like a mother****** useing nothing but a GL (Noob Tube as you all call it) One Man Army and Claymores, and I do it with pride. That's my skill, hate if you want. Now I wanna play.
                            yeah I will hate... HATE HATE HATE:mvangry::mvangry::mvangry::mvshakefist:

- Mahatma Ghandi.

Comment

GL'n noobs right now. It feels SoOoOoOo good. Ah yeah, Ooo baby.
                              sigpic

My nerdy PMS- PMS buckeye_chick
                              My Little Bros - H2O EvilStitch-H2O Zaybabii
                              Miss my Little Sis -PMS Origins

Comment

Working...
                              X