Behind your name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behind your name?

I have one more week of recruitment left and then I'll official be PMS which is pretty exciting. Through recruitment you hear or chat with other recruits about changing your name. So Im just curious for everyone in general, do you have a meaning behind your forum name or GT or PSN? Or was just random and something you cooked up and liked? ... Let us know!

MySR - Ive had this name for years now. Not only for xbl but for other things like social networking ID's and other forums. My = ME lol and SR = the initials of my husband but then was my boyfriend :mvwink: .. I'll be changing my name after recruitment though just a heads up lol.

Re: Behind your name?

Ahh, I have always wondered what the heck your GMT meant!! ha, now i know.. very awesome =]

My gamertag is short for my PSN, which is rizkitfoabizkit which is "risk it for a biscuit" lol it's like an expression meaning if you don't take chances, you won't get anything... it's just all about taking risks and taking chances basically...

Rizkit = "Risk It", just got rid of the biscuit part...

That's really all the meaning behind it haha

Holla at my bff H2O Treebz & my H2O, H2O Threadz
    Much love to my boyfriend Lt Baker540

Comment

My meaning um candy bar! lol all for the candy sisters my big sister is PMS TheSkittles I call us the "candy sister"

Comment

hahaha oh wow thats such a cool meaning!!! To risk it and take chances. Sometimes you have to do that out in the battlefields lol. LOL and yea I dont know why Ive held onto that name of mine but I cant wait for the change!

Comment

mine is actually named after a relationship i was in at the time...everyone had it out for me and him and all we wanted to do was just be with eachother and be happy. but yet everyone tried every way possible to break us up and so i called our relationship the demonic luv. but i guess they won since we are no longer together...
          Joker|Atarla|Gunner|Sapphy|Bestie|Oobie|Coug|Decoy |Current and Fallen SissyFaces
          "And here you thought I was just another bubble-headed blonde bimbo! Well, the joke's on you - I'm not even a real blonde!"-HQ

Comment

Originally posted by PMS snickers View Post
            My meaning um candy bar! lol all for the candy sisters my big sister is PMS TheSkittles I call us the "candy sister"
            I love snickers. Especially just eating the bottom nougat first lol.

Comment

I'm shaped like a Mango, and I'm hardcore. :mvgiggle:

All joking aside, I thought it'd be a funny, unique name.

Comment

My gamertag really changed once I joined H2O. My very first gamertag, which someone has taken over the past few years, was S1lentOne.

I used to be a competitive sniper, back on the original xbox on Battlefield2:MC- I was in the #2 ranked clan, DOA. I could have picked SilentOne, but I got the idea from Fatal1ty, and put a 1 instead of an "i". Really, a sniper is silent and a one hit kill. And, for the most part I was really quiet when I played. I was ranked #7 on the Sniper Leader Boards. Lol, I used to be REALLY competitive before coming here.

Then I left that clan and joined a clan called Tactical Warfare. I ended up changing it to TW Silent- basically keeping the same principles of being a silent player, and a silent killer using a Sniper Rifle primarily. It was in TW that I started to become vocal and take up leadership roles, I led my own squad and eventually division. But then a friend wanted help creating a clan, and he left TW. He asked for my help and I was beginning to grow tired of being competitive, my squad was ranked 11th to 25th on Game Battles for Ghost Recon and COD4 depending how well we did each week, and I really never had a connection with TW, only with my squad.

So my co-squad leader left, and myself and the rest of our squad left with him to create Pure Talent Gaming, or Pure Talent (pT) for short. As a leader, and having acquired more of a run and gun status and straying away from the Sniper Rifle, I changed it to pT ENVY. I became cocky as a squad leader and simply because the squad I was in was ridiculously talented. So I thought people should envy us. We also had to pick out 4 letter words originally, and so Silent didn't work. I think they've strayed from that and you can have anything in the name now. I was in that for a little while, and then one day decided I was not going to be competitive and only play recreationally. So I quit and went solo for a few months. Changed my name to I Hamlet I.

I liked this name because I love all of Shakespeare's work, and it was more of a name that went with what I was trying to go for. For some reason, reading has a mellow and quiet connotation to it. You sit down, and you read. You read to get away, and relax. Well I love the story of Hamlet, and so I felt like this name went with what I was trying to do. Just play for fun and to relax, no longer competitively.

And then when I joined H2O, I fell in love with this community and decided to add the tag to my name. So I transitioned easily to H2O Hamlet. 2 Years later, I haven't changed my name and still love it.

And I also like names that are original. I don't like names that are overused, and I don't like names that have numbers or are spelled incorrectly. Like, killer23141412423412... that isn't appealing to me. When was the last time you saw someone named Hamlet. And it's easy to say! The girls in the COD4 Division back when I was active used to call me "Hammy" haha. Fun times.

Good luck with your decision! Choosing a name is always hard, but it's fun!
                Last edited by H2O Hamlet; 04-25-2010, 10:17 PM.
                sigpic
                I want what all men want, I just want it more.

Comment

A lot of people think of my gamertag as Miss Fortune.. But it's just Misfortune, the opposite of Fortune. I was just trying to find a new PMS name because I was tired of Mission and my friend randomly suggested Misfortune, I grew to like it. Matches my luck anyways!

My gamertag is xx Misfortune though because when I took the PMS out (For reasons that included me being tired of the PMS jokes in matchmaking) I needed something to go with Misfortune, couldn't think of anything and the xx was cute.
                  Last edited by Misfortune; 04-26-2010, 05:08 AM.

♡ my H2o Cheezy

Comment

To thine own self be true

Holla at my bff H2O Treebz & my H2O, H2O Threadz
                    Much love to my boyfriend Lt Baker540

Comment

I used to be PMS Pinkbullet, but about 2 1/2 years ago I joined the gears of war division. I LOVED all of the H2Os back then in Gears, they were hilarious!! And they all had fruit names, H2O Kiwi, Melons, Bananaz, Apricot...etc. So they convinced me to change it to PMS Strawberry! I also found it cute...About a year ago I changed it to Strawberry Boo because I wanted to seem really girly when I kicked guys' a**** in Halo.... :P

I'm going in for the kill, I'm doing it for the thrill.

Comment

Mine just slowly changed over the years.

It started with "Jigoku" which means hell in japanese. then a lot of people started using the name and I couldn't use just that so I added "blkjigoku" which is black jigoku or black hell cause my fav color was black back then. then I got tired of it just being blk that I found the japanese word for black which is Kuro also meaning dark. I tried Kuro_Jigoku at first but it seemed bland so I changed it to KuroXJigoku which is my current PSN for almost 3 years now. and because everyone just called me Kuro I just left it as H2O Kuro on the forums.

my life story lol

Thank you PMS Aubie for the sig <3
                        Lots of love to my cake buddy Mirage PMS <3
                        Shout out to my stud H2O Salvation (he wanted me to write that)

Comment

Thats hella cute having fruit names lol.

Comment

Originally my xbl gamertag was x Lady Lethal x, because in my unreal championship days everybody called me Lethal. Then I changed it to xDEATH SERAPHx as an alternative to the ever popular angel of death. Now it's PMS Diabolic keeping the dark evilness going!

Love to PMS Devinski, PMS Acid
                            PMS NesianKuki & PMS Melematique!!

Comment

My friends name is afterlife and we were trying to have names that stuck together, i was originally going to be PMS AFTERDEATHx But I ended up liking Eternity. Plus the week before i finished recruitment i found out my real name in African Mythology means "Eternal Flower" Which made me go crazy over the name

Clan parents: PMS Cougar& Freemann H2O
                              Love my Sisters: PanicMoon | Skittles|AgentCoke|Star
                              Much Love to my H2O: H2O Sparda! ♥

Comment

Working...
                              X