X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this makes me not want the flu shot either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT7oTQyJjZ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtQRPTqP2HM

wow the flu shot did this to a girl...check it out...hope things will get better for her!!

Re: this makes me not want the flu shot either

Media fear mongering at it's best, saying that this should deter people from getting a flu shot is like saying epilepsy should deter everyone from buying video games or watching movies.
    sigpic
    Ruin and Dark Ivory are my family
    "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Charles Darwin
    I'm a proud Atheist.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Phury View Post
      Media fear mongering at it's best, saying that this should deter people from getting a flu shot is like saying epilepsy should deter everyone from buying video games or watching movies.
      How can you even compare it to that? This is a Flu shot, a MANMADE thing. Manmade things especially medicine are never perfect. Epilepsy is a condition in which a child is born with a defect in their brain. Video patterns and such can trigger a seizure which is a natural condition you are born with. I don't get why people are making such a huge deal out of H1N1 anyway it's just like any other flu out there this is just a new strand. If people die from it then it was because they were in poor health before the flu.

but anyway /rant
      PMS AbsTRActANwar you're awesome at making sigs! Maxman you're amazing too!

Comment

So the flu shot CAN have bad side effects. Getting the flu is possibly dangerous to. What about every other dangerous situation we put ourselves in every day? Driving a car in traffic can be deadly, compare how many have died/badly injured of that since the flu shot was used. It's scary how the media can blow things up like this. I'm much more scared of a lot of other things.

Most of us live thinking "it wont happen to me". Living is dangerous, and most of the things we do every day set us in possibly more danger than ie. barricading one self at home to feel safer.

I'm going to get the shot because I don't want to catch the flu. I've heard how awful it can make you feel, and I'll try to avoid it if I can. Getting sick of the shot probably wont happen to me.
        Sadly, I still have to wait a few weeks before it's available to me here...

Big sis Krystal PMS ♀
        ♀ Lil sis' PMS Seramela and PMS Legend
        <3 Elfifi,thanks for the sig

<3∞

Comment

I don't recommend the shot, mind you I caught the swine flu, its actually not as bad as the media discribes it, I'd say the Norwalk Virus was way worse. Bonus' to getting the actually flu itself, your immune system will be stronger if you you ever catch it again
          <3 Harpy for the sig

Much Love 2 All My Sisters; Boomer, Euphie, UnAshameD, Betrayed.

Comment

hmm... i'm not worried. I haven't been sick in a couple years and I haven't taking any kind of medicine for a couple years. Think the last time I got sick and took medicine was.... over 5 years ago? But I traveled to a new country at the time and my body I guess couldn't withstand it. But after I got over it in 2 days, I never got sick the couple months I've been there.

So no shot for me thanks. U guys can, have fun.

Thank you PMS Aubie for the sig <3
            Lots of love to my cake buddy Mirage PMS <3
            Shout out to my stud H2O Salvation (he wanted me to write that)

Comment

well said uteena

Comment

mmm... shots of flu... sounds good but i always prefered sambuca
                sigpic
                WMJ + CJE = 831

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Commando View Post
                  How can you even compare it to that? This is a Flu shot, a MANMADE thing. Manmade things especially medicine are never perfect. Epilepsy is a condition in which a child is born with a defect in their brain. Video patterns and such can trigger a seizure which is a natural condition you are born with. I don't get why people are making such a huge deal out of H1N1 anyway it's just like any other flu out there this is just a new strand. If people die from it then it was because they were in poor health before the flu.

but anyway /rant
                  Allow me to correct myself first. Please read these two articles.

Read
                  Read

So, at least to dystonia experts. It seems she doesn't even have dystonia. So all of the anti-vaccine talk is unfounded.

As it stands H1N1 isn't THAT dangerous, but what you should be concerned about is if it mutates to a stronger strain of itself. People who get overly scared and people who don't care, 90&#37; of the time don't know what they're talking about. Yes, you should be worried, but you shouldn't go ape-**** over it. Just use common sense about it and hopefully we wont have to see how bad it could be if it mutates.
                  Last edited by H2O Phury; 11-06-2009, 11:35 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Ruin and Dark Ivory are my family
                  "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Charles Darwin
                  I'm a proud Atheist.

Comment

Working...
                  X