Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for Halo Competitive Players

Originally posted by H2O Gotham View Post
    It's nice to see so many folks getting in on this thread. I hope the enthusiasm grows when the MCC drops!
    I agree man. Can't wait for MCC to drop!

Comment

I will definitely be getting back into Halo now that I have the XBone and already pre-ordered MCC. CoD just wasn't doing it for me, and as a LONG time Halo fan, this is exactly the motivation I need to get back into it!

Please feel free to add me on XBL (H2O Basilisk). Just let me know who you are if H2O or PMS isn't in your name! Thanks!

sigpic

Please follow on Twitter at @BasiliskH2O

Comment

Originally posted by IceVayne View Post
        I agree man. Can't wait for MCC to drop!
        Man, first thing I want to do is give someone a crispy BXR to the dome. I don't know who is going to get it, but I will be on the hunt.
        The Murderous Legion: Mirage, Ovary, Callisto, Zombie, Righty, Cloud

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Gotham View Post
          It's nice to see so many folks getting in on this thread. I hope the enthusiasm grows when the MCC drops!
          Word!

I would be down to join some competitive stuff. Mainly play swat so my slayer abilities are rusty.

*H2O HugsNKisses* *H2O Mad Dog*
          Rabbit | Canadian | MightyGunz | Mercy | Reikura | Ratchet
          Trouble Makers: Ironhide , Snowbunnie , Techno , Clovir
          ​​​​​​

Comment

I, personally, will be giving them a "RBBR". I think I got that right. BxR using Bumper Jumper. Those who have not experienced the button glitches and Bumper Jumper at the same time are missing out!
            BookFace

Comment

Also, I'm excited to get slapped in the face with the meaty hand of nostalgia! I haven't felt this positive since that one time, back in the wonderful world of Lockout, where it was just me and my BR. Or back on Chill Out, with only the Pistol and your own intelligence standing in the way of a victory.

That's all we needed back then, that should be all we need now.
              BookFace

Comment

@Terror: I don't know what "RBBR" does, it doesn't sound like a thing. Maybe it is, but it doesn't sound like anything.

@Callisto: Swat is not good for ze competitive practice.

Comment

Pretty sure all of the control options are available, across all four games. There was a mod on the PC where you could play Bumper Jumper in H2, and I think that's what it ended up being.
                  BookFace

Comment

Speaking of H2, I can't wait to use Top Mid as a spring board to hop up to Pink 3 on Midship. They never could get those top mid physics right after H2.
                    Last edited by H2O Gotham; 11-07-2014, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Oh man, it's gonna take me forever to figure out the maps >.<

*H2O HugsNKisses* *H2O Mad Dog*
                      Rabbit | Canadian | MightyGunz | Mercy | Reikura | Ratchet
                      Trouble Makers: Ironhide , Snowbunnie , Techno , Clovir
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

It shouldn't take all that long really, at least as far as knowing what locations are which. H2 and H CE competitive maps are pretty small and most have very easily recognizeable locations. Where most people tend to struggle (at first) is team strategy and map dynamic. One thing that I feel has been lost for many people is the concept of team positioning. In games like H2, this is crucial. I'd recommend watching old tournament footage to get a sample of what kinds of things are important to look for when you're playing and what you should be doing. It'll all come in time!

Comment

I'd love the chance to learn from some peeps if anyone is still into this. I really want to get serious with the MCC

PMS Khaleesi, Emma Frost PMS, PMS Saralishous, PMS M0nkey, Zombie PMS
                          Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube

Comment

Speaking for myself and Icevayne, both of us are pretty excited about the MCC and bringing competitive (4v4 non swat for the most part) Halo back to PMS|H2O. Anyone who wants to play, learn, improve and have fun doing so is welcome to hop on and run games. I'm not sure how structured it will all be or if we are going to be running things partially through the division, but it should be fun all the same.

Comment

im very excited about this as well, cant wait to get some competitive games going as soon as possible

Comment

Originally posted by Keeba PMS View Post
                                I'd love the chance to learn from some peeps if anyone is still into this. I really want to get serious with the MCC
                                I'm with you Keeba. I didn't have the time to dedicate to Halo when H2 and H3 came out. Now I will be able to play catch-up (hopefully) and hang with you guys!

sigpic

Please follow on Twitter at @BasiliskH2O

Comment

Working...
                                X