X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H2O Brawley
    replied
    Re: Competitive teams?

I'm really serious about my gaming but I'm not the 10.0 K/D all the time type of player.
    I'm just a normal 16yr. old player.
    I try hard to be the best and all but, every game can't always be my best game right?

Leave a comment:

• Gambit
    replied

Originally posted by H2O QuoTez View Post
    im not sure, or else you can start your own small team if their isnt any
    Yeah I thought about it but I've been there done that and to be honest I hate being captain and leading a team people are too unreliable and then get pissed when you get on them about not being on and its hard to find people for the team usually.

Leave a comment:

• Snail PMS
    replied

There are some small teams on the playstation

Leave a comment:

• H2O QuoTez
    replied

im not sure, or else you can start your own small team if their isnt any

Leave a comment:

• Gambit
    replied

Well are any of the small teams or "competitive" teams looking or in need of very good skilled members? Preferably on ps3 but I suppose if absolutely no choice I would play xbox but not really wanting to.

Leave a comment:

• Harpy PMS
    replied

Actually, the requirement is 4 divisional practice hours. There are no more required hours for small teams. You can also have casual members on the team or PMS|H2O but this means that you will be unable to have a sub-forum or title bar. The rule changed so that more people could be able to compete without the strain of required rules. The only rule is that you cannot be on a team with non-clan members.

Leave a comment:

• Gambit
    replied

Alright well I guess that isn't too bad perhaps I'll look into it and see if any of the teams are worth joining.

Leave a comment:

• H2O QuoTez
    replied

Originally posted by Gambit View Post
    I guess I'll chime back in since this is my post haha. And yes to add on to whoever said it k/d really doesn't matter because I know plenty of people who play nothing but reg pub playlists and can do good but really arent that great at competitive play because they use flak jacket and stupid perks like that. However to get back to my reason for the response is that I used to be in H2O and was thinking about joining back strictly for the reason of either trying to form a competitive team or join one preferably join one and actually go somewhere with it rather then like when I was originally in and all we did was play each other and it got real old and boring. However the reason I didn't really post before this was because I figured you guys still had the rules of having to complete regular practice hours plus small teams practice hours which I would not be able to do because I work a full time job and my hours probably wouldn't coincide with the practice hours so idk if anyone can shed some light into this for me that would be great if not then so be it I'll simply take my talents else where.
    Yeah like myself, im going to admit that when i first did GB in MW2 (before i was in H2O) i did bad. My team were good in TDM, so we decided to do a couple of TDM's before actually doing the MLG stuff, we quickly realized that a bunch of teams would camp HARD haha, and it took us a while before realizing this. The reason we did bad wasnt because we sucked or anything, it was just simply because we were used to moving around the map, not just looking in one direction waiting for someone to pass.
    But yeah lol, i believe we still have the same practice/small team hours still. I think theirs hours late on night. The latest practice, i believe is at
    10pm=Pacific_or_12am=Eastern (depends where you live at).

Leave a comment:

• Snail PMS
    replied

The rules are that you have to do a total of 4 hours every week. 2 of those hours can be small teams practice and the other 2 have to be clan practice.

Leave a comment:

• Gambit
    replied

I guess I'll chime back in since this is my post haha. And yes to add on to whoever said it k/d really doesn't matter because I know plenty of people who play nothing but reg pub playlists and can do good but really arent that great at competitive play because they use flak jacket and stupid perks like that. However to get back to my reason for the response is that I used to be in H2O and was thinking about joining back strictly for the reason of either trying to form a competitive team or join one preferably join one and actually go somewhere with it rather then like when I was originally in and all we did was play each other and it got real old and boring. However the reason I didn't really post before this was because I figured you guys still had the rules of having to complete regular practice hours plus small teams practice hours which I would not be able to do because I work a full time job and my hours probably wouldn't coincide with the practice hours so idk if anyone can shed some light into this for me that would be great if not then so be it I'll simply take my talents else where.

Leave a comment:

• H2O Proxy
    replied

Kachigga

Leave a comment:

• H2O QuoTez
    replied

Originally posted by H2O Guerrilla View Post
    yeah thats the way i hope our team gets and ppl with good k/d's is a great place to start since you know they have the talent the callouts and gamestyles is something you can work on and learn but natural ability is harder to find and i think we found that we just gotta start gettin together and practicing and working on gameplans
    :mvagree:yup, true
    i need to start playing Black Ops more often so i dont lose my "skills" lol:mvreallyhappy:

Leave a comment:

• H2O Guerrilla
    replied

Originally posted by H2O QuoTez View Post
    Yeah i know what you mean, but K/D not always means your good.
    Like when i was in Reflex (small team) the leader (Hamlet) was stricked about knowing all the callouts, knowing what you are doing, not rushing, and stuff like that; people that were in our small team KNOW what im talking about lol

I would love to see small teams getting into competative and representing H2O and PMS :mvreallyhappy:
    yeah thats the way i hope our team gets and ppl with good k/d's is a great place to start since you know they have the talent the callouts and gamestyles is something you can work on and learn but natural ability is harder to find and i think we found that we just gotta start gettin together and practicing and working on gameplans

Leave a comment:

• H2O QuoTez
    replied

Originally posted by H2O Guerrilla View Post
    our small team has a lot of highly talented players a few with over 2.0 kd and a few more just under...the only thing is we are a new team but we will be getting serious with it and once our team gets cohesive and some experience i truly believe we will be a tough team to beat
    Yeah i know what you mean, but K/D not always means your good.
    Like when i was in Reflex (small team) the leader (Hamlet) was stricked about knowing all the callouts, knowing what you are doing, not rushing, and stuff like that; people that were in our small team KNOW what im talking about lol

I would love to see small teams getting into competative and representing H2O and PMS :mvreallyhappy:

Leave a comment:

• Snail PMS
    replied

Originally posted by Mindless View Post
    Personally, I've never seen a small teams (RX was all hype imo) that had enough potential to put up a serious competitive streak.

1. From experience I know we never got good enough that I could count on my teammates, and that's what we were expected to do.
    2. Callouts never worked. YOU should know what to do, or else it would be too late anyway. React on instinct.
    3. I actually got better by myself, and was known as a terrible player when I played by small teams rules. Yet nowadays I feel like I'm the best player out of exH2O.

The small teams were the "best" of H2O, that was the concept, a team of decent players who worked together as a team to accomplish the objective of winning the match. But there is no truly "competitive" small teams in H2O. They do not take it seriously enough.
    I know quite a few H2O's that I would love to see play in serious competitive events because I believe they could do very well. Callouts do work in some instances, and adds to a teams cooperation. I do not think that you can say that there is no truly competitive small team in H2O because they do not take it seriously enough, I know plenty of them that take it seriously enough to where they could compete.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X