Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro League Player Banned for a Season

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2864421

Unfortunate, but I'm glad no one gets special treatment.

What are your thoughts?

Re: Pro League Player Banned for a Season

I think it's good. It shows that professional players are held to a higher standard and that they are not above other players. I approve and hope he learns from this as well as Dignitas as a whole for tolerating his behavior.

Comment

I agree that this is good to hear that even professional players get their share of punishment for their behavior. Especially those behaviors that were noted of verbal abuse and harassment. Professional players are definitely role models to other players of the game and should act as role models! I agree with Sephi, hopefully he learns his lesson with this ban.

Much <3: Big Sis Lethal Vixen PMS. Fave Troll ElektraFox PMS
      My Awesomeous H2O **H2O Villain**

Comment

He got what he deserved. There should be no people above the rules given to everyone. In this case, hopefully he will learn a lesson from it, and others from his example.

Comment

Agreed, he did deserve and again agreed on the fact that he may be an example for those who continue to harass others out of poor sportsmanship

Comment

Everyone sometimes looses thier cool, but the consistency of his infringements just makes him look like a bad person in general. People like this dont belong in social communities, no discussion about it
            /) (\
            Brohoofs to my fellow Battleponies;
            Aperture, BlueJay, Nova, Chaser, Pony, PRISMA,
            Fluttershy 007 and Arcadian

Comment

If e-Sports ever want to be taken seriously, acting professionally is imperative. If that means banning people who are acting unprofessionally, I'm all for it.
              Love to my big sister PMS Texas Angel and little sister PMS Miss Jedi!!!

Comment

I think that this is excellent! You want the bragging right of being a pro-player but you don't want to act like a professional? No dice. If you are a professional player, an individual trying to make a career out of competing, than I personally believe your behavior should be professional at all times. And that includes good sportsmanship.

Big: Mindy Lil: baybay_ Sig: Chaser

Comment

Originally posted by PMS Goosechecka View Post
                  If e-Sports ever want to be taken seriously, acting professionally is imperative. If that means banning people who are acting unprofessionally, I'm all for it.
                  Originally posted by Vamp PMS View Post
                  I think that this is excellent! You want the bragging right of being a pro-player but you don't want to act like a professional? No dice. If you are a professional player, an individual trying to make a career out of competing, than I personally believe your behavior should be professional at all times. And that includes good sportsmanship.
                  :mvagree:

I think I may have read way too many of the community comments... I understand that it's online gaming and raging comes with the territory occasionally, but if this is your career there is really no acceptable excuse for un-sportsman like conduct. I completely agree that if you want to get treated/paid/respected as a professional gamer, in any game, then you need to have a professional attitude and demeanor at all times and especially when competing. Pro players should be role models, gamers we look up to. I consider him lucky that it's a one year ban and not a permiban.

Comment

Originally posted by Vamp PMS View Post
                    :mvagree:

<3 teh sisters: PMS Eternityx, PMS Shifty, PMS JinxJinx, PMS Busta!
                    Unofficial big sis PMS Cougar is the BEST!
                    Extra Hugs: PMS Vertigo|PMS HeyJudee|PMS Tech|PMS Devinski

Comment

If it happens in other sports (basketball, baseball, etc.) then it ought to with eSports. There's definitely tons more folks who really should get the boot. At least this is a start.
                      Read my stuff on Nerdistdotcom!

Comment

Impressive Riot you have my applause doing something right after so many wrongs I applaud you.

Time passes we grow but some just get wiser

Comment

Working...
                        X