eSports and Recruitment!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSports and Recruitment!!

I was recently talking with clan members about the growing eSports scene and with going to MLG Anaheim and seeing first hand the amount of attention that people and businesses give this industry I came to realize that pro players could literally make a living doing this someday.

Of course, eSports is still in its adolescent stage of growth. Only a few of the really really top players can truly make a living off it. This does not prevent gamers from wanting to "someday" go Pro, even if they probably never will. This is where I believe our clan comes in in terms of recruitment.

People typically, IMO, will join clans if they are comfortable with the people and to improve thier play. A lot of gamers usually have pipe dreams about going pro and will look for clans that have a pro team and a community attached to that team. Even if they never go pro there is always "a chance" which brings them into a clan and the community makes them stay through making friends, teammates, etc.

This is a reason why I'm always asking for information about our pro teams. As one of the leaders of a division, this is always a major question from potential recruits, "So, you all have a pro team?". :mvconfused:

Of course, I may be completely off here. Since I'm co-lead of a division whose game has a HUGE Pro scene and is currently the flagship of all eSports. Because of StarCraft's Pro scene popularity my ideas may be off from other divisions within our clan.

But, I digress, I still feel having an active pro team brings in recruits and puts energy back into our clan, thus pushing us to get to that next level! I stayed in this clan for its awesome community and want to bring that to as many people as possible:mvlove:

Re: eSports and Recruitment!!

We here at Esports-International are looking to recruit more members to our League of Legends community.

Comment

You should read this link before posting that.

http://www.pmsclan.com/forum/announc...hp?f=1630&a=85

This thread is not about recruiting for your clan. Especially since we have a very active LoL division.

Comment

http://www.pmsclan.com/forum/announc...hp?f=1630&a=85
        above link is not opened in my computer i don't understand the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X